Home

Flashback Mod(s)

Barndog

I have played through KOTOR1 once since then I have experimented with a few things and enjoyed a few mods. As to modding itself I am very much a Noob. Here is my idea:

Flashback Mods as you talk with each of the NPC's of your party some of them have interesting stories some about the very locations and planets already in the game, which if I am reading other posts right is a great plus. Basically as Mission tells you about life on Taris with Big Z it trips a "game trigger" that starts a mod. You play through her stories of life in the under city, dodging slavers, raghouls and underworld types with a party consiting of Mission and Big Z or others who conviently drop out before the end. When the story finishes up a "game trigger" picks up in the middle of the conversation you where in when the flashback started. Jolee could have hundreds of such flashbacks some even humorous. If you have ever played through X-Men Legends there are several flashback adventures that were some of the best in the game. The best thing about this idea is that the stories can change, NPC's change, the quests change but the maps and buildings obviously would need to stay the same.

Even though Shem practically said it, this would be possible, and i really like the idea, i would love to do this for you and everyone else that would wan this, but i would need to get a team to participate, this can no way be achieved alone, well maybe it could but after a very very long time, if i was to do this for you it wouldn't be for a long time, as i am very busy with K1RP, but i would love to be apart of this, it sounds very cool. :)

Well I respect that this idea is in the wishful thinking region. I know very little about modding but I know enough that this would be the work of several months and no body owes me that simply because I asked. If there is interest I would not mind working up a few story and quest arcs so that when it comes times to script things are ready to go. Although I would imagine that side of things is not the hard part.

Archived