Home

Problem with MP Cheat

gangsta2007

Hey

It says that you can enable the cheat by writing devmap and the map name but when i do that i go to a place where i am alone and i write thedestroyer and i get a double edged lightsaber but i am alone there when i go another server it says cheats are not enable on this server and at two or more server i go and try it it works but not on the others so i think it should enable on all..

The person running the server has to have cheats enabled for you to use them on it. So, you could use devmap and host your own server, which would allow your friends to connect and use cheats. Most public servers don't have cheats enabled for obvious reasons.

The way you seem to be able to get the doubleblade on some servers and not others is probably a mod set to allow that "cheat" and no others.

but how can i see if they have enabled cheats or not i go to server info but it isn't anything about cheats there....
I think it will say cheats enabled on the server info if they have been turned on. However, if it's a mod then you'll just have to enter to find out. I believe that JediMod allows doublebladed sabers, so perhaps you can look at the mod the server is running to guess. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I've been kinda out of the loop as far as Jedi Knight multiplayer is concerned. :p

and why isn't it so many cheats servers on FFA?
Well, cheats are fun for singleplayer, but most people don't really like being killed by an invulnerable guy in their FFA. Since admins can't enable that cheat only, they just disable them all (or get a mod that lets them).

Archived