Home

Importing Sounds to Movie Maker

homiJ15

The sounds are in the .pk3 files in the /base folder. .pk3 files are simply .zip files renamed; rename the assets*.pk3 files to assets*.zip and you should be able to open them and find what you need.

XP has a built-in zip viewer, so getting in shouldn't be troublesome; if so, you could use utilities such as quickzip, pkzip, winzip, etc.

I'm not sure which .pk3 file the sound effects are in (they're mp3/wavs as I recall), but it shouldn't be too hard to find them - there's only a few .pk3s in the /base folder.

yeah that did the trick, thanks dude, but even though this isnt the KOTOR section, it would appear you know what your talking about, so do you know how to get the sounds and music from KOTOR to play on movie maker, i have already tried Miles Sound System but it says it dosent have the right codec, is their any other way to get them? also for JO, where are the weapon sounds at, i cant seem to find them, still though thanks for the JO help

• 1 year later...
The sounds are in the .pk3 files in the /base folder. .pk3 files are simply .zip files renamed; rename the assets*.pk3 files to assets*.zip and you should be able to open them and find what you need.

XP has a built-in zip viewer, so getting in shouldn't be troublesome; if so, you could use utilities such as quickzip, pkzip, winzip, etc.

I'm not sure which .pk3 file the sound effects are in (they're mp3/wavs as I recall), but it shouldn't be too hard to find them - there's only a few .pk3s in the /base folder.

lots of thanks for that great trick! I've been looking for that great game's musics...(espacially yavin final's themes)...and i can find it with your ways...lots of thanks again...and may the for be with you!

Archived