Home

linking to the game directly (without previous menu opening)?

Master Qzma

Is there a way to create some kind of shortcut to the game, because I can't seem to be able to launch the game.

When a menu opens asking:

-start the game

-help

-visit website

-exit,

I can't see it, because my Java Script is totally sc*ewed, and when I try to click to the first thing (start), nothing happens. I can only start the game in safe mode, because it doesn't launch this menu, but it is really lame.

Is there any hope?

Guest DarthMaulUK

If you open the folder the game is in.. (C:Programfiles/LucasArts/Empireatwar ) for example, then drag and drop the .exe file for the game directly onto your desktop.

DMUK

If you open the folder the game is in.. (C:Programfiles/LucasArts/Empireatwar ) for example, then drag and drop the .exe file for the game directly onto your desktop.

DMUK

Dude, I want it to open (if possible) without that stupid launcher, like it opens in Safe Mode.

Guest DarthMaulUK

I havent a clue what you are trying to do here. You've asked about a short cut for the game - thats what I have done. Explain what you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to launch the game without the intro? If so, you can't unless you download a mod, which you can find on http://www.lucasfiles.com

And what launcher are you taking about? Try and get a screenshot if possible

I havent a clue what you are trying to do here. You've asked about a short cut for the game - thats what I have done. Explain what you are trying to achieve? Are you trying to launch the game without the intro? If so, you can't unless you download a mod, which you can find on http://www.lucasfiles.com

And what launcher are you taking about? Try and get a screenshot if possible

OK:

Try to start the game in Safe Mode. Then try to start it normally. You'll notice a slight difference: when you do it in SM, no window opens asking whether to start/help/goto website/exit, but normally it does.

Now, because I can't see the contents of this window (problem on PC), I wonder if there is a way to start the game the way it goes in Safe Mode.

And thanks for trying to help... :)

Guest DarthMaulUK

As far as I am aware there is nothing like that as you have to go to the start menu in order to play the game. Have you updated your graphic card drivers if you cant see the menu correctly?

Archived