Home

[TSL] Extra Exile Head Requests + Clothing

Wasp77

Here goes.

Would a mod such as this interfere with this one, or require me to do any editing of my own?

Heads

Dillan

She just needs to have her head placed on the Asian-style body and that's it, right?

Visas Marr

I'd like her red jumpsuit as her underwear, as opposed to the brown one, so long as she can equip any item and not have a locked robe appearance.

I'd also like her Dark Side transitions, including her DS portrait, added.

I'm assuming she'd be able to wear the Dancer Outfit? Also, no need to worry about adding her unique robe.

Brianna/Handmaiden Sisters

I've seen her underwear, and I don't like it. I'd prefer her underwear be the brown jumpsuit. Or Visas' red, if the skin tone matches up better. If they are the same, I would honestly prefer Visas' over the brown.

As for default clothing, I don't know if it's possible to make default clothing for a single head, but I'd like her robe/tunic with the hood up to be her default clothing, then just allow her to wear any other item and have her hair revealed, as the actual character does.

If possible, I'd like her Dark Side transition (Including the black outfit), and her DS portrait. If not, maybe it could be added as an item?

I already know she'll be compatible with the Dancer Outfit.

Regardless of who the head originally belonged to, don't worry about making alternate heads to avoid twins.

Dillan needs a basic custom portrait. As for the two party member heads, could their usual portraits (LS/Neutral & DS) be their Exile portraits? If possible, and as stated before, I'd like the Dark Side transitions and portraits added for Visas and Handmaiden heads.

Thanks to anyone who helps me out with this. I hope it's not too difficult or troublesome to do this. I think, and hope I went over everything that needed to be discussed.

EDIT: I have removed the request for Mira's jacket, as I have located two mods allowing it for Light Side/Neutral and the Dark Side.

A couple of things...

Why would you want Visas as a PC choice? I can understand Handmaiden as you won't get her if you're playing as a female or even Mira if you're going DS. If you want Visas (the party member) altered in some way, that can be done instead.

The Yuthura mod you linked to won't cause any problems as long as it's installed after this one as it uses the TSL patcher, but if THIS is one of the ballistic mesh jacket mods you plan on using, it'll screw up the Jal Shey/Zeison Sha armors for all females. They'll all look like Mira's clothes and there can't be any compatible LS textures.

Mira's Ballistic Mesh Jacket is nothing more than clothing with stats. If you want it to have a visible effect, Mira's clothing model will have to replace something. If you want it to have LS and DS variations (excepting Dillan) it'll need to replace one of these:

-underwear

-clothing (best choice, IMO)

-regular robes

-master robes

-dancer's outfit

I'd also say the clothing is the best choice. It would just be compatible with caucasian skintones, correct? I wasn't sure if Mira's midriff was part of the actual outfit or not.

As for Visas, I just like her head. I suppose I see your point about altering her somehow if the head is chosen, though.

I can't think of any faces that would work well with her, though. Any suggestions?

It didn't seem to register my post, even though it's there. It says only you've posted, Dragoon.

Anyways, is it possible to give a head its own unique clothing? I'm wondering if the Brianna head could have the white outfit, and later the black outfit, but I don't think PC clothing can receive Dark Side transitions.

If not, having it as an item would work equally as well. The same goes for the Dark Side version. I assume it'd have to be a disguise item, due to the hood, but I have no way of confirming that.

Anyways, is it possible to give a head its own unique clothing? I'm wondering if the Brianna head could have the white outfit, and later the black outfit, but I don't think PC clothing can receive Dark Side transitions.

If not, having it as an item would work equally as well. The same goes for the Dark Side version. I assume it'd have to be a disguise item, due to the hood, but I have no way of confirming that.

I've done some work on this and, while Dillan and Lashowe look ok, the rest of them should stick to their standard clothing. Visas looks terrible with Mira's clothing. ;)

Each head can have its own clothing as seen above.

Lashowe? XD

I think Visas looks fine. I knew her head always had the collar on it, but it doesn't bother me. I can just pretend it's a scarf/bandana or something.

Anyways, perhaps we could do this:

Brianna's default clothing: Hooded White Outfit.

Mira's: Ballistic Mesh Jacket.

Visas': Ballistic Mesh Jacket. I don't really like her robe, mainly because all other robes lock into its appearance. I'd also take the jacket over the default commoner robes. Like I said, I could just pretend it's a scarf. XD

Dillan's: Ballistic Mesh Jacket. Again, unless her skin tone doesn't match up, but her face is rather pale.....

Or we could just add it as an item to wear, though I'd like to see it in any instances in which you revert to your default clothing. I think it only happens immediately upon landing on Telos.

Either way, I'd like to have it accessible with Brianna's head, so maybe it could be added as an item in addition to being the default clothing of the other heads? That way, standard heads could wear it as well.

NOTE: If you don't feel like adding Mira, that's fine with me. Her face isn't all that interesting to me, honestly, granted, I've only read about her DS face. Your choice, I won't complain either way.

Either way, I'd like to have it accessible with Brianna's head, so maybe it could be added as an item in addition to being the default clothing of the other heads? That way, standard heads could wear it as well.

Then I have to refer you to the post I made earlier. If it's not replacing clothing, it needs to replace something else from that list. None of the other model slots have an option for a DS transition texture.

I see.

Well, let's keep Brianna with her white clothing, then. I think I have an idea.

Apparently, Brianna's face does not grow any darker or paler upon entering the Dark Side, so maybe the jacket, if possible, could be placed in a container early on in the game.

I could just leave it there with the other heads and use it only with Brianna's, when I don't want to see the white tunic.

If that won't work out, let's just leave Brianna with the white (And eventually black?) outfit as her default clothing.

Let's back up to the part where the Handmaidens outfits were disguises :)

I'm having trouble getting her clothing to change when she goes darkside. Plus the game crashes on me if her head is selected as one of the three when I hit 'new game'. I could make a disguise for both light and dark and have them buildable at the workbench? Then she could still use Mira's clothing.

@_@

This stuff confuses and frightens me.

XD

That sounds great, let's take that route. One white disguise and one black one. Also, I assume you'll leave alignment restrictions out? Just wondering if I'll be able to have a white-robed DS Brianna Exile, or a black-robed LS one.

So, the receipt comes out to......

Dillan, BMJ default clothing, no DS transitions.

Visas, BMJ default clothing, DS transitions.

Handmaiden/Brianna, BMJ default clothing, no DS transitions, white and black disguises.

I think that covers it.

Thank you very much, again. Sorry for the hassle.

Ironically, I still have yet to get the game. My birthday's on Monday, and I came to my dad's for the weekend.

However, I did ask for it earlier in the week, so I don't know if he's just hiding it somewhere, or if he still has yet to get it. I'll bet I have to wait, since I mentioned buying it online would be the best way to go.

Regardless, thank you again, and once I have the chance to test it out, I'll inform you of any problems.

What did you alter Visas to if her head is used, anyways?

I haven't done anything to get rid of clones. The only real problem, IMO, is Visas and that could probably be easily solved by recoloring her head.

I managed to avoid using heads.2da in that version I uploaded, but I'll look at trying a few other things.

I also forgot to mention that you need to ignore clothing at the character selection screen. Everything works fine (so far as I've tried) in-game, but that screen only loads models once so just pick the head you want and ignore the clothes they have on that screen.

Your Ballistic Mesh Jacket and the two Handmaiden disguises are buildable at the workbench under 'Other'. They cost 1 component and a repair skill of 1 is needed to make them.

Archived