Home

just to make you laugh a bit..

Merkury

Hello!! first of all,i wanna thank all the people that run lucas-fan forums and sites,you're really doing a fantastic job and give lucasgames (to me they are beautiful art pieces,not games) the respect they deserve.Thanks also to all to all the lucas maniacs around the world,let's keep the flame high!These are never to be forgotten!

I'm 22 and i play with gamez since i was 13,i started with amiga,pc games,,,played all the fantastic lucas adventures.Almost cried seeing the monkey 2 ending :D

Almost cried at indy4 ending

Am i dumb guys hahahah

Now,the funny part: i started played the grim fandango game,which was the only game i forgot during my lucas path..god what was i missing! this game is absolutely brilliant,work of genius,to me it's close to perfection!

Except the xp issues that we all know..

Now,i've got 2 computers at home,one with Xp and one with Vista. Do you guys want to know in how i'm forced to play with this game?(did i forgot,it's the LUCASARTS CLASSIC version that they sell here in Italy,with a black plastic card into the dvd box instead of the manual...)

By the way,with XP i got perfect game audio and music and SILENT cutscenes. Horrible.

With VISTA i got SILENT GAME and the cutscenes work perfectly :D.

So i play the game with one pc,and when suddendly a cutscene appears,i've got to go to another room with the cd and watch it on the other pc.

Well,of course if anybody got a solution to this thing....but i'm used to it,so who cares :D,by the way i tried everything,patches,dxdiag ecc ecc...

See ya guys ;)

^ I agree. I love the whole atmosphere of Grim Fandango.

By the way,with XP i got perfect game audio and music and SILENT cutscenes. Horrible.

With VISTA i got SILENT GAME and the cutscenes work perfectly :D.

So i play the game with one pc,and when suddendly a cutscene appears,i've got to go to another room with the cd and watch it on the other pc.

That is quite funny. A long-winded way to play, but funny...:D

It's strange, though, because I have XP and GF works fine for me...

I have XP and the movies are all choppy and have this very annoying sound echo. I have to turn off compatibility mode to fix it, but then the rest of the game doesn't run right. So whenver a movie appears I save, exit the game, turn off compatibility mode, run the game, watch the movie, save, exit the game, turn it back on, then load the save again. Lol, that's my workaround. It's not as bad as it sounds, only takes several seconds.

Archived