Home

controls suck

cntroldentropy

I bought the "best of PC" which includes jedi outcast. i've read lots of good things about the game so i decided to try it out. but after only a few minutes of playing it, i am nauseated and i feel like i'm going to throw up.

i tried using the mouse, and it's too sensitive, plus it doesn't turn to the side fast enough. i tried using the keyboard, and it's no better. i mapped the controls to my logitech dual action game controller and i still feel sick. you can adjust the sensitivity of the action/no action threshold of the controller and the mouse, but you can't adjust the speed at which the camera moves in the game.

mostly, it's the look controls. i can't focus on anything because the camera is swinging wildly. the slightest movement and it swings too far. it's like the douche bag from "cloverfield" is operating the camera.

i had the same problem with battlefront, also on this disk, but i was able to fix it by using the game pad instead of the mouse/keyboard.

does anyone have any useful suggestions?

i am playing on a 3.2 GHz processor, 4GB Ram, Nvidia Quadro FX1500, 24 inch widescreen monitor.

Have you tried putting the sensitivity down in the control options? Here's a small guide with explanations.

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/jedioutcast/jedi-5.shtml

Also, from what I remember there are some camera tweaks you can do with console commands. I believe they start with "cg_camera" (no quotes - after typing this into the console press tab to cycle through the available commands), though I can't remember if any of them address your specific problem.

• 1 month later...

SUGGESTION quit smoking pot, and turn sensitivity down, first you said it wasnt sensitive enough, then you said it was to sensitive. make up your mind, but seriusly if you dont like the game then there is no need to post on here telling everyone that you dont like it.

Archived