Home

[TSL] remove light and dark side restrictions on robes?

Bluenataku45

i used to have a mode that removed the light and dark side restrictions on all of the standard robes ive tried my hand at doing it my self with no luck. i was wondering if anyone had such a mod or had more skill then i do when it comes to mods.

I looked at trying to edit the baseitems.2da and compared it with the individual .uti's of the alignment based robes and checked it against itemprops.2da to see if there was an easy way of editing the props of them to remove the alignments but there doesn't seem to be in that regard.

However if you have the KOTOR Tool, you can get it from StarWarsKnights.com then you can extract the robes from the base game files and fix the uti entries. There's lots of tutorials here to do that for you, but I can outline it fairly simply.

With the tool click the + next to Kotor II, then BIFs, then templates.bif, then Blueprint, Item. Scroll down to a_robe_22.uti, its the first of a few that you'll have to extract to your desktop. You'll extract the dark side robes which are 22, 24, 26, and 29. The Light side ones are 23, 25, 28, and 30. The neutral one is 27.

When they are all on your desktop, double click on the first one to edit, choose to open it with Kotor Tool, choose Kotor II: TSL. When its open, click on the properties tab. Click the dark gray box to the left of alignment limitation to highlight the row, then hit your delete key on your keyboard. Choose to save the file and replace the one on your desktop. After that is completed for each file, copy all the .uti's that you have fixed to your override folder. Then you're done.

Bear in mind that the change won't impact any robes you already have in game, it will only take effect with new ones or if you start a new game. If you want to swap out your robes, you'll need to use KSE from the starwarsknights.com site and edit your inventory (take off the robe from the character first and save your game in a new slot) by removing it and replacing it again with the same one, that will give you the updated robe.

Good luck with your fixes.

Archived