Home

K1 - Remove Dialogue Selection Beep

Sith Holocron

When you choose a sentence that your PC is supposed to say in-game, there's a little beep of acknowledgment of your selection. Is there a way to remove that beep or is it hard-coded in the engine? I've been recording some scenes from K1 with Fraps but that beep sometimes goes over the NPC response lines.

There's a small series of .wav's that use that same sound, not sure which one is your culprit but if you use the KOTOR tool by Fred Tetra and head into your KOTOR I, BIFs, sounds folder, you'll see the gui sounds about midway down the list, they'll be called gui_click and other things like that. gui_click and gui_actuse both did the same sound when I extracted them to see which was the culprit, could be a couple others too. Just find a blank sound file or make one thats around a second long, make copies of it and rename them to the potential culprits sound file names, and throw them in your override, should fix the problem. It sucks that the in game beeps are tied to the sound effects slider, you can't kill the beeps without killing sound effects. Anyway, best of luck with this.

Archived