Home

Adding maps to PS2

MercJ

ok I know this has been talked about before.

BUT..

Ok we all may or may not know that you can take a PC moded or built map from a site. Place it in a folder called addon and start it up with the BlackBagOps server manager. Ok Thats true.

Now when you have this "NEW' map running from BBOs server manager you go to the online menus of STWB2. It says "Missing" < in yellow. Ok true.

NOw im not shure if this is because I have a Hard Drive (PS3) and I am using a USB drive. BUT when You click on The server with the "missing" map It brings me to a Pop up window saying. "this host has chosen to use downloadable content. Would you like to go to the download site" If you say Yes or No to it, the screen will freez up for a second and will kick you to the MAIN menu screen.

So heres where I am lost..........

So I have been adding map data to a USB drive. The PS2 reads the USB ports as ubs0:/...........

How to make the server and PS2 know that theres the data its looking for on the USB drive.

And is there some sort of addme.script file like on the PC version of the game. Because i have used the PC addme file and Im getting no where...

--------------------

So how to make the PS2 read from the USB drive?

How to make the server manager link to the USB drive instead of the CDrom drive?

--------------------

And if someone can tell me how XBOX adds the files it will help me alot.

Is it threw a Script file or does it just know...?

J, even if you did get it to work, you could not play the map properly.

For the PS2 uses a different munging than the PC, so if you used a PC map it would appear all black, no lighting whatsoever. You would need to use the Ps2 munge and create a map with the mod tools at the Battlefront Filefront site.

Check http://www.gametoast.com for more help.

Archived