Home

STUCK AT SWAMP GATE

Chipper

Here is my problem:

1. I go to swamp gate and meet future Guybrush. Future Guybrush gives me the skeleton key etc. I then talk to Guybrush and he guesses a number. So far so good.

2. I then try to open the gate. The screen displays the options "Talk to Guybrush" and "Open Gate". So at this point I open the inventory and select the skeleton key.

(As I understand it, the past Guybrush must open the gate at this point to let future Guybrush through)

3. Now for the problem. Guybrush now holding the skeleton key, however the option to open the gate has vanished. No matter what I do I cannot get an option for Guybrush to open the gate while holding the key.

I have loaded the patch, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Has anyone else come across this problem ?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Grannen:

Why do you refuse to talk to Guybrush?

Thanks for your response.

My problem is this:

When I am on the raft I get the option to:

"Talk to Guybrush", and "Open Gate".

Now, lets say I select to "Talk to Guybrush".

Guybrush simply puts down his raft pole and doesn't do anything else.

Whats more, while he has the pole down, all the options disappear.

I have been at this a while and am completely stuck at this point.

I do not have Pegnose Petes nose at this point either - do I need to have that ?

Sounds like you have a technical problem. Check my post 'I've finished' as someone else had the same problem and found a solution.

Although I did not have to have his nose in my possession at this time, it seems like this other person did, and it worked fine for her after she got the nose.

Archived