Home

The Betrayal

Quoth_the_Raven

Hello there. I would create this mod, but, alas, I do not know how to even remotely mod a game yet, though I would like to learn how to, but I thought this idea could be an excellent one.

Anyway, the mod: if you have no chosen an alignment and are close to neutrality, a fight will break out on Malachor V where your party members kill each other. It would only occur if you trained them to Jedi. If in the case you are a female, the Disciple just replaces the Handmaiden in the cutscene. Obviously, it would be very difficult to make since it would probably be a rather long cutscene, but I think it would be possible... In the end, the Exile is heartbroken and then deliberately lets himself/herself be thrown into the depths of Malachor V by Darth Traya, knowing she would die from their Force Bond. If he is closer to the dark side (since the whole point of this is he is neutral, but the different outcomes can still be fueled by which he's closer to) he struggles with his emotions and turns to fight Traya, but is Force Pushed into the abyss anyway.

[Note: this could also only happen if the party has Mira]

Now, the fight:

Atton and Brianna (Handmaiden) argue. Nothing new. However, when Brianna starts making it personal by accusing him of working with the Sith because he knows the Echani arts (which is, ironically, true) and he, enraged, ignites his lightsaber and swings. She parries, but proceeds to tussle with Atton, though not getting serious. However, it gets that way when Atton purposely throws her outside the ship and jumps out so he can attack her. Mira and Bao-Dur are alerted and go outside to see what the quarrel is about, Bao-Dur with the intent to stop it. However, HK-47 is intrigued and murders the pacifist before he can break it up, the silencer preventing the others from hearing.

Mira appears, and swings her lightsaber to try to get their attention, but by mistake removes Atton's nondominant hand, giving Brianna the time to slay him in her rage. Knowing the Exile wouldn't love her if he found out about the murders, she proceeded to kill Mira and was moving on to the droids (and, thinking Bao-Dur was still alive, the Iridonian) only to see T3-M4 and HK-47 shut down and G0-T0 hovering menacingly above their "corpses". In shock, she drops her lightsaber and G0-T0 mows her down with blasterfire while she is unarmed, leaving with information it stole from Bao-Dur's remote so it could power up the Mass Shadow Generator.

(I haven't played the game in awhile, therefore I am slightly ignorant if Visas comes with the Exile after the killing of Nihilus, and therefore left her out. Also assuming Brianna decided to go with the Exile after the redemption of Atris, and since Hanharr has nothing to do you could allow Visas to go and slaughter him, or he could be consumed by the massive Force Nexus in the academy due to his inability to sense any danger near it, or he could just die when the planet is destroyed)

I know it's more like a story or movie than a mod, but I figure that it could be implemented. There have been more difficult mods before. And, seeing as this would eliminate the final fight against Traya except in which a brief skirmish where you would probably have to make her invincible, you might want to just disregard it completely.

Archived