Home

Gubernatorial Symbol Act 3

cslade

How do I get the blasted gubernatorial symbol off the silly old codger on Monkey Island. I read the other topic with this in it. Grannen says just hit him with the nut, talk, hit him with the nut, talk, and so on, except everytime i talk to him i say 'Herman!' and he just says 'where? Hah'. Am i supoosed to do anything in the church apart from getting the instruments and takng a ride on the lava thing.

What do you need the gubernatorial symbol for?

Thanks

------------------

cutter

Guest nathanism666

Look man, stop asking for help, and use logic. I'll help you on this one to give you the idea of how to do it.

At first, Herman tells you the first thing he can remember is waking up next to a coconut. So you hit him with it.

It works, now he can remember waking up next to a milk bottle. You can see how it works now, so do the same, find the object responsible for his memory loss, and throw it at him.

Now he will reeal the final object that hit him, you can find out what it is easily enough, so gt it and follow the pattern.

NEXT TIME, TRY IT YOURSELF, EXAMINE THE FACTS AND USE LOGIC!

HI!! I've got all those three things. I ever

talked with Herman b/4 I get the accordian and hit his head with only coconut and milk

bottle.

This guy told me lots of thing but didn't give me anything. Later when I try to speak

to him again, he keeps saying ' where and hey' Thanks...

Originally posted by nathanism666:

Look man, stop asking for help, and use logic. I'll help you on this one to give you the idea of how to do it.

At first, Herman tells you the first thing he can remember is waking up next to a coconut. So you hit him with it.

It works, now he can remember waking up next to a milk bottle. You can see how it works now, so do the same, find the object responsible for his memory loss, and throw it at him.

Now he will reeal the final object that hit him, you can find out what it is easily enough, so gt it and follow the pattern.

NEXT TIME, TRY IT YOURSELF, EXAMINE THE FACTS AND USE LOGIC!

I am having a similar problem to this guy's, but mine is stranger. I have gotten all the way through the game with only one hint from a walkthru, and now i am stuck at herman. I have all the things youre supposed to hit him in the head with, and Ive even opened the Monkey head already. But no matter what I hit him with, or if I try to talk to him normally, he just goes "Where? Heh.". Sometimes when I hit him with something he says "If you say so, heh." then I am given a limited chat with him, with nothing new. Tried hitting him with the accordian a lot.. "Where? Heh.".

Is this a bug or can someone please help?

Hrl2k

Archived