Home

[TSL] Slight bug in the game

Cyberevan

I've been playing the game for sometime now. I have it on XBOX and I got it for PC just for the TSLRP and other mods. One big bug that is consistent throughout my game is that it skips through dialogue whenever I talk to NPCs. The game is playable and I've played it so many times that I could recite dialogue from memory, but the game is sort of ruined for me with this problem. Any help?

P.S. I am waiting to see if this is just an arbitrary bug or mods are causing it. I have to find the names so I'll post them later.

Do you have files named something like kreia.dlg, atton.dlg, or something of the sort in your Override folder? If you do, try taking them out and see if that fixes the problem.

You can also check the StreamVoice folder. Go to your main TSL directory, then \StreamVoice\GBL\. You should see individual folders named Atton, Disciple, Kreia, etc. Check if all the .wav files are in them. Kreia's folder, for example, should have 686 files inside.

- Star Admiral

Do you have files named something like kreia.dlg, atton.dlg, or something of the sort in your Override folder? If you do, try taking them out and see if that fixes the problem.

You can also check the StreamVoice folder. Go to your main TSL directory, then \StreamVoice\GBL\. You should see individual folders named Atton, Disciple, Kreia, etc. Check if all the .wav files are in them. Kreia's folder, for example, should have 686 files inside.

- Star Admiral

I haven't really played the game in a few days, but after I removed the dialog files, something changed. The dialog didn't skip through fast, at least with Atton and Handmaiden, didn't check the others. One question though, why would a few dlg files affect mostly all the voices of my party members and the alien NPCs too?

Not sure about the alien NPCs, but I do know from looking through the .dlg files that not every party member's dialog is completely centralized within their own dialog file. A few are located elsewhere, in other character's dialog files. In any case, you won't believe how much dialog is tied up to your party members. A messed up copy of the dialog file for one character will have great impact on a most of that character's speeches.

In either case, it is most likely a mod problem of some sort if taking out those .dlg files made a difference. I am curious, though, as to the name of the mod that caused this problem.

- Star Admiral

This is an extremely common problem that people have had over the years...

After playing the game for an extended period in where you constantly skip a lot of dialogue with key presses, the dialogue starts to "skip", where it just passes by in a second with no chance for it to play or read off. To fix this one must restart the game.

No mod or anything such as that causes the problem... And there is no official fix that I know of that fixes it either.

HERE: http://forums.filefront.com/sw-kotor2-problems-errors-help/368300-dialogues-skipping-during-conversations.html

- Star Admiral

I checked it because I was getting dialogue but no sound. I checked the GBL and nothing was in there.:indif:

I was afraid you'd say that. It really is not a big deal since I could just store the game save and keep them for later. The only problem is Disk 3 of my disks isn't working. I am so unlucky with this game.

EDIT: So, now I uninstalled it, but I can't reinstall it back because of the faulty Disk 3. Just my luck. I may have to rebuy another copy.

Archived