Home

Can't get Bronze Hat

Chunky

Ok, I know I am at the right rock, as confirmed by the truth parrot, who is at the moment bobbing around high on caffine. However, when I pull the puppets out, Guybrush (me, not the puppet) says he better put them away so he doesn't get shot at. Grr. I am fully believing that this is a bug. I have spoken to everyone to the point where they are all continually repeating, and I have done everything else required at this stage. Any help is going to be appeciated smile.gif

Guest grannen

If you are at the right boulder, then the parrots have disappeared.

Does the boulder take up a large portion of your screen? The right boulder does and you are sort of hiding behind it.

------------------

Calvin.gif Grannen Hobbes_2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grannen (edited January 07, 2001).]

I've got the same problem. I cannot use the puppets on the boulder (am I supposed to get the option to look at it or move it?). The birds don't fly away after I've determined the correct one. I know which bird lies all the time (when I go to any other boulder it tells be that the hat is buried under it and still gives me a direction to the hat). I've said everything I could to the pirate on the beach and the pirate in front of the statue. Help!

I just figured it out. Guybrush has to know which one is telling the truth before he determines that he's found the right boulder. I asked the truth telling parrot, "Who's your daddy?" and Guybrush says that this is the truth telling parrot and then I asked the parrot if the hat was under the boulder. The parrot says yes and Guybrush remembered that this is the truth telling parrot. Then parrots then fly away.

Thanks anyway guys.

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. I had figured out ages ago the truth parrot, but then left the island, so it probably reset itself. Took me ages to bother to just talk to the parrots again smile.gif

And now I'm stuck on whole other things on our favourite island smile.gif

Archived