Home

Grim launcher issue

coldwater

My disc drive broke a few months back and i havent been able to put any discs in it. I've gotten back into playin adventure games a little while ago, and I wanted to play Grim fandango again after finding a launcher. I can get the files for the game by copying them onto a different comp then copying them to this computer, but that doesnt work for playing the game (NO, i did not download this game. my disc drive is seriously broke. i'd stab anyone who did download this game).

Anyways i was wondering if theres anyway to run the game without putting in the disc? or is this just a way to stop pirates from playing the game?

My disc drive broke a few months back and i havent been able to put any discs in it. I've gotten back into playin adventure games a little while ago, and I wanted to play Grim fandango again after finding a launcher. I can get the files for the game by copying them onto a different comp then copying them to this computer, but that doesnt work for playing the game (NO, i did not download this game. my disc drive is seriously broke. i'd stab anyone who did download this game).

Anyways i was wondering if theres anyway to run the game without putting in the disc? or is this just a way to stop pirates from playing the game?

Check out this post : http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2519577&postcount=34

Use the setup utility to install the game on a good machine. Once done you'll have to copy that directory of files, and also the registry keys over. I believe there is only one place in the registry to copy. The setup utility installs the game so you don't need to use a drive.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC\Grim Fandango\v1.0

In the registry you can go to this 'directory' and export it as a .reg file that you can run on the destination machine to install the same info. Make sure the directories you transplant the files to match.

Alternatively you can make a disc iso of your game discs and use a disc emulator like alcohol 120% or daemon tools to make your isos appear as a disc to your computer. From there it will behave as it were in a cd drive.

Archived