Home

Help needed in Grim Fandango.

Drunken_Sailor

I have started with the adventour game Grim Fandango.I'm in Petrified Forest and I don't know what I shall do.Manny and Glottis are in a strange place with a big engine or something.When Glottis tries to repair it,Manny uses the stick and Glottis turning around until I use the switch again.Nothing more happens.What shall I do next?Please give me a hint.

You'll notice there's a wheelbarrow you can push around as well as four tubes on the ground. Block and release the tubes by positioning the wheelbarrow wheel on them, so that the two pumps on the right activate alternately with the two pumps on the left, then pull the switch twice...

Thanks for telling me the web-site where I can buy Grim Fandango. There is just one small problem. ITS IN A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD OF IT. I am from England and the extent of my foreign language skills would just about enable me to perhaps buy a coffee in France or ask directions in Germany (although I wouldn't neccersarily understand the reply). It's very embarrassing but the English are notorious for their inability to grasp languages other than their own. So, after this explaination, PLEASE DOES ANYBODY KNOW AN ENGLISH SITE WHERE I CAN BUY GRIM FANDANGO. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Originally posted by Tull:

You'll notice there's a wheelbarrow you can push around as well as four tubes on the ground. Block and release the tubes by positioning the wheelbarrow wheel on them, so that the two pumps on the right activate alternately with the two pumps on the left, then pull the switch twice...

I don't know which tube I shall block and which I should release.The wheelbarraow can only block one tube at the time.

Guest grannen

Block the two middle tubing, trying to get the fans rotate until the tree is unbalanced.

Glottis and you (at the switch) will do the rest.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes_2.gif and Grannen

Guest grannen

Just stop over tubing no 2 from right with front wheel and notice how the fans change synchronisation. Then back to tubing 3, then to no 2 etc until the tree vibrates due to unbalance. You will also have to drive over same tubing several times.

PS

I don't remember, it is perhaps pumps, not fans.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes_2.gif and Grannen

[This message has been edited by Grannen (edited February 24, 2001).]

• 3 weeks later...

Originally posted by HelenW:

I have been told that Grim Fandango is really good and I want to buy it. I have looked in loads of shops and on various websites but nobody has it. Does anybody know where I can get it? I live in England.

I bought Grim Fandango at Christmas and you heard right - its absolutely brilliant. I am pretty certain that you will find it on www.ukgames.com. This sight is excellent for games and they're usually cheaper than in the shops. Just do a search on the game you want.

Archived