Home

Stick Sabotage

Tasslehoff_B

I have the wooden prothetic hand, and I have the termites on it. I know that I have to use this to sabotage Ozzie Mandrill's walking stick. I also know that I can't sabotage the stick unless it's in the walking stick shop. And I've discovered that Mandrill breaks his walking stick every time he gets mad, and that the walking stick owner just glues the same stick back together again and sells it to him for full price. So, I have to make Mandrill angry, so he'll break his stick, so he brings it to the walking stick shop, so I can destroy it, so he'll walk more slowly, so I can follow him through the woods to Pegnose's Booty Showcase. Can anyone help me?

Also, I'm sorry, but could I please have a hint, not the answer? I used walkthroughs at some point while playing all the three previous Monkey games, and I want to beat this one straight.

Forgot to mention! Also, I know one way to make him mad would be to beat him at Insult Swordfighting, but he uses insults with Australian slang, so Guybrush can't understand them, use comebacks, or learn them. I THINK that I'm not supposed to beat him until much later in the game, but if I'm wrong, could I have a hint on that, then?

Guest grannen

You are quite right that he needs a new stick in the shop. Why not try to be there before he arrives to pick it up? Perhaps you can do something about it in the shop?

Regarding to beat him with insults, I think it is mentioned earliear about the difficulities, not to say, the impossibilities to win over him with insults.

Perhaps a better opportunity will come later?

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes_2.gif and Grannen

Well, the thing is, he hasn't broken his stick yet. He did before, at the bank, but he picked it up from the shop when I walked in. Right now I have to MAKE him break his stick again. I know what to do to it when it's at the shop. I just can't think of a way to make him mad so he will break it again. Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Tasslehoff_B (edited March 23, 2001).]

Guest grannen

If you visit his place and make one of his animals smell a little bit different according to his opinion, you might make a progress in the game !

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes_2.gif and Grannen

Archived