Home

Stuck on Lucre Island

Allstar86

I really don't know what to do. I'm simply stuck on Lucre Island. I have quite a few items in my posession: A duck, Eau de LeChuck, Homemade perfume, wood shavings, the abomination of nature, the gubernatorial symbol, a music box, a hankie that says "PP" on it, a flower, bait in a box, a letter, a manhole cover, a chess clock, and probably a couple of other items I can't remember just now. Anyways, I need to capture peg-nose pete -- and I don't know where to begin. When I go to the swamp, it says I need directions (?). And apparently I haven't even explored the town well enough --> when I ask Carla if she wants anything from town I say that I haven't taken a good look around yet. But I've been LOOKing for hours on end! Which leaves me in this predicament: What am I to do? There's probably something obvious I need to do, whther it be to get back in to Luther bank, navigate through the swamp, or even GET OFF THE ISLAND! My thanks to anyone who can help me, for I truly do need it.

- AS :-)

You need directions to Pegnose Pete's house.

Deadeye Dave can recognize people by his smell. Pegnose Pete often buys body parts at Dave's. You need his file. Hankies can give a distinct smell of the person who owns them. P.P.=??

OK, well when I went to DeadEye Dave's -- he said that the hankie wasn't strong enough, so I mixed up a concoction of perfume which smelled like him -- and he identified him as "Steven E. Huge" At any rate, he said I needed to use his file-retreival system to find directions to his house in the swamps. However, I have no idea how to use it -- and have 'asked' around, yet "I" seem to have nothing new to say to them. Please don't tell me I need to try all 125 combinations to get it -- right? frown.gif Well, if I could have another piece of advice -- I'd really appreeciate it. I'm confused confused.gif

- AS smile.gif

Guest grannen

In worst case you have to try all combinations but here is a little help.

Each symbol represents a part of the alphabet starting with one symbol for A-D, next from E-? etc.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

Well, as of now, I have done 25 out of the 125 possible combinations. Although there seems to be some sort of pattern, it doesn't really hold. I am at a loss frown.gif Perhaps if I could just figure out some way to do it, I could retrieve Steven E. Huge's file. If anyone has any hint for me -- big or small -- I'd really apprecitate it.

-- AS smile.gif

Guest grannen

Another symbol is for the letters I-M.

Now you have two parts of the alphabet.

If one of your letters is within one of the symbols, it doesn't mean that the correct name appears. It only does so when all three are right!

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

Archived