Home

Herman's not cooperating...

Jimmy Gimbo

I had an unusual amount of trouble on Monkey Island, so I broke down and read the walkthrough...and I'm still stuck.

Evidently bonking Herman with different things is supposed to restore his memory and make him give you stuff. But any time I whack him with anything or talk to him, he just responds to "Herman?" with "Where? Heh."

Is there some particular thing I have to do to set that chain of events in motion? I believe I've done everything else on the island. But obviously, I'm hoping I'm wrong :-)

One other thing to note is that I'm a Mac user, and since LucasArts didn't handle the port, I'm wondering if the Mac version is just buggy. Anyhoo, any advice you could give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You have to hit him in the same order he lost his memory.

It started with an object when he was in his hammock. Ask him lots of questions after first "hit" and he recognises his name.

Save the game because if you do a mistake you will start all over.

Talk to him and he will give you a hint of next object. Use it, talk to him and once again save when he says that he remembers more.

Finally he tells you a long story and when he has finished you end it with the final object.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

Archived