Home

The boulders thrown in the cannels

empacae

Very frustrating this is. I've read previous posts about how and in what order to throw the boulders down the cannels. I wait until the branch moves and throw the next one from the middle. The boulder lobs in the air and there is a delay for about a second befire the rock actually starts into the cannel. I can see that they are supppose to bump off of one another to divert the rocks path... This is so frustrating that I have actually put the game on hiatus, and have not returned to it in over 3 months. Every couple of weeks or so I pick it up to see if I can get past it... but to no avail. I'm using a Gravis GamePad Eliminator, and I was wondering if it is more responsive using the keyboard (which I've also tried). Or am I suppose to rush oer to the hole and drop it in rather than throw the boulder from the middle. I would like to get past this to finish the game.... Are you suppose to release the boulder when the branch twitches...? anticipate when the branch is going to twitch, then throw...? throw as it passes over....? I just dunno anymore....

Any response would be appreciated.

PS.

What is the replayability like. Has anyone ever played the game more than once? And why?

As soon as you throw a rock, pick up a new one. Throw it in the next hole within 1-2 sec when a branch moves.

You have to be fast in picking up the rock!

PS

Try the keyboard only, and use the Page Up/Down keys.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

[This message has been edited by Grannen (edited September 22, 2001).]

Aha! I managed to get it, finally after all these months. After playing hockey, and basketball, and an assortment of other sports games....my lightning fast reflexes were just a little too quick for the boulders. It wasn't until you said a couple of seconds after the branch twitches to release the next rock, and I did it on the first throw. It makes sense too, since the game was made for a a kid to figure out that I managed to do it. Yes I was quick picking up the next rock and getting it ready to lob down the canel. But I was pitching it just as the branch twitched. So now I'm off to monkey town....and the Gravis gamepad really is a more pleasurable way of interfacing with the game rather than the keyboard. Thanks for your help....It was a big help. Knowing that I have the monkey combat coming up and that most people seem to have problems with that relieves me to no end...heh heh....Still I am wondering about replayability....Has anyone played Monkey Island again after completing it?

Emp

Originally posted by empacae:

Still I am wondering about replayability....Has anyone played Monkey Island again after completing it?

Emp

I play it again every so often.

------------------

logo.jpg

Broken Sword : The Shadow of the Templars - Novel

The Prolouge The Murder The Interrogation The T-Shaped Tool The Sewers Road to Rue Jarry Nico's Apartment

Give me some feedback on my work at fender_@ironmaiden.com

© 2001 Fender

Originally posted by empacae:

PS.

What is the replayability like. Has anyone ever played the game more than once? And why?

I have replayed it a couple of times.

I have now no hurry to solve the problems but can study each scene more carefully and I also find new details in the pictures and I read and understand the text in a different way.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

Archived