Home

Dialogue text does not appear?!?!

RLavi

Does anyone have the problem of engaging another character in conversation and then not being able to see the dialogue choices at the bottom of the screen? When I speak to the Voodoo Priestess, the Australian, and a few others, I have to guess what I am saying because there is nothing on the screen! HELP!

i have a voodoo banshee. on all the voodoo based chipsets do not use mip mapping or anything extra for EMI, these might be enabled in your advanced properties under the vieosettings in your control panel, i experienced the same problem during the insult arm wrestling so it was kinda hard to win, but when i set all the options on my board down to nothing the text showed right up. dont worry, this shouldnt affect the preformance of any of your other games.

-NFGboy

------------------

what a crappy idol!

-guybrush threepwood

Hi peeps. Are you complaining of this problem on the demo, or on the full game? i ALSO HAVE A Voodoo, although it is a decent one, a Voodoo 4. I have the demo currently, as it ain't out here in England yet, but the demo's text doesn't flicker, or the choices. Sorry guys wink.gif

------------------

"I think I tossed a bon mot in a food fight once"

having your cd card as primary is always the best thing to do if possible, just change the settings in your system options.

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

lets cancel school, what you dont know cant hurt you if nobody knows it either

I used to have problems with EMI, too, but i changed my video card to Voodoo3 2000 and now the game works great. Although, at times, there are some glitches that can happen, but I don't think the Voodoo cards are the problem. Mine works great. It could be the game or it could be your computer. Just search around and experiment with your computer.

The patch doesn't help, and you're pretty much screwed if you have a voodoo banshee like me, since 3dfx feels they don't have to update their drivers.

I used the latest drivers, but it still didn't fix the problem.

When I turned off all of the special graphics effects, I could talk to the dart guys, but I still can't fight Ozzy right...

Archived