Home

Screen locks in very first scene, have to hard boot.... WHY ???

themikester

I am so frustrated with this game I returned it for a refund.

The very first scene in the game locked up and required me to hard boot. No key commands would work, not escape, not even ctrl alt delete.

My machine is no slouch, with a 500mz P3 processor, Asus mother board with 128mb RAM, an 18gig IBM deskstar hard drive, dvd/cd rom, WIndows 98, Viper v770 with 32 mb video ram and TNT 2 processor, etc....

Lucas tech help made a bunch of lame suggestions.

Any answers out there which would entice me to repurchase a copy of the game?

I get a very similar problem except the crashing is at a random point. I have never been able to play for more than 5 minutes before the whole machine locks up. This does seem to occur most frequently during transitions (menu -> game, area changes, etc). If you get any help please p*** it on.

Well im not sure if this will work but u can try it i found a simaler problem to you my game froze and wouldnt allow any commands so i downloaded a crack for mnkey island so i didnt have to use my cd drive it works perfectly now u see if the game cant read the file once it wont try again it usally happens with fast cd rom drives as the cd's tend to get hot download the no cd crack from

Http://www.megagames.com

Oh yeah and dont forget to do a full install of monkey island OH AND MOVE YOUR SAVE GAME FILES AND PUT EM BACK AFTER INSTALL I FOUND THIS OUT THE HARD WAY if you dont and you leave the save games there hoping itl be alright u will fuind the files are indeed still there and when u boot up you game to take over from where u left of you will find the words BAD SAVE and it wont work i tend to be gutted around now

------------------

OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL DO I DO HERE? i have no idea!!! WELL THIS SUX TIME TO CONSULT THE WALKTHROUGH

Archived