Home

bug in the scumm bar

shaark

After winning the insult arm wrestling, I went to talk to the short guy playing darts.

This time the short guy was on the right hand side of the Tall guy.

No dialog options came up and I was stuck.

The music was still playing so the game did not hang. I just had to restore an older game. Anybody else experienced this bug??

Seems to be a fairly common bug; numerous others have reported similar problems with the dart players. Some have the same problem occur sporadically in the game. I was lucky enough to have only encountered it once... at the SCUMM Bar.

------------------

"Show me a man who's gentle and kind, and I'll show you a loser."

-Meet the Parents

Originally posted by shaark:

After winning the insult arm wrestling, I went to talk to the short guy playing darts.

This time the short guy was on the right hand side of the Tall guy.

No dialog options came up and I was stuck.

The music was still playing so the game did not hang. I just had to restore an older game. Anybody else experienced this bug??

Yup - big time - In the tech help section they seem to think updating 3Dfx drivers at 3Dfx.com will sort it - I will go try it

I have a Voodoo Banshee too, but the newest Win98 drivers for it are severely jacked up, and a lot of things don't work with them. That's why I'm currently running some older drivers.

I'll try the newest ones though. I hope that solves the problem, because I can't see my dialague options when you insult-swordfight Ozzy!

Archived