Home

D3D/OpenGL issues

DavidC

I am having the "problem" that EMI will only run in openGL on my machine. If I try D3D, I get only music with black screen requiring hard reboot (F1;q;Y doesnt work). It runs fine in OpenGL, but I would like to know why D3D screws up. My Machine:

P3 667

32Mb Geforce DDR with latest non-beta drivers

128Mb RAM

Creative SB Live sound-card

Win98 SE

Direct X 7a

NB I have done a complete reinstall of Win98SE onto a freshly formatted hard-drive to rule out a pre-existing software issue, but D3D still wont work in this game.

Thanks for any help

David.

why even mess with d3d its not near as powerful and it looks worse!! play the game through in OPENgl 32bit and ull be happy as a clam biggrin.gif

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

for sale: worn out signature, good condition, original, funny. $20 obo

will trade for mint shelby gt500.

Thanks for your reply. I am aware that OpenGL is the better option, but I am just concerned to know whether the fact that D3D will not work, means that there is some unresolved driver/hardware issue on my machine. If there is, and it is not just a bug in this game, then I would be keen to track it down. So if anyone has the same set-up as me (see original post) and can run EMI in both D3D and OpenGL then let me know. Also, please let me know if you have similar issues to me.

David

now that i look again, try getting Dx8, because Nvida wrote the coding for it and since u have a gforce im sure that it should clear things up.

if not, do your other games work in d3d? because im sure its just a MI4 thing in that case.

------------------

for sale: worn out signature, good condition, original, funny. $20 obo

will trade for mint shelby gt500.

Thanks.

I have now tried DX8, but the same problem arises. D3D works fine in other games, so I am beginning to accept that this is just an issue with this particular game. I would still be interested to hear if anyone runs EMI with a geforce DDR in D3D without problems. Particularly if the rest of their setup is similar to mine.

Originally posted by newfoundgloryboy:

heres what worked for me and the other guy, change your shortcut path from

BLAH:\blah\monkey.exe to BLAH:\blah\monkey4.exe

and then set the d3d settings using the auto run off cd1

hope it works for you, if not openGL is good enogh

try that ^

------------------

America was founded on three basic principles, Liberty, Equality and FRATERNITY PARTIES!!

Archived