Home

No text to speak of :)

MarkUK

The Problem.

i.e. the lack of speech interaction options (the different responses possible that you must select) and observation prompts ( the brief description of what interesting objects are in your field of view).

I have come across this problem in two (so far) areas within the game. these are 1) The voodoo woman's house,The International House of Mojo and 2) The front section of the Scumm Bar where the two gentlemen (!) are playing darts (the rear of the bar works just fine)

Here is a basic run down of the components of my beige box.

.Abit KA7-100 mother board resplendent with the VIA KX133 chipset (VT8371 & VT82C686A) and the HighPoint technologies HPT 370 ATA data channel controller.

.Socket A type AMD Athlon 650Mhz processor.

.Voodoo 3 3000 Graphics accelerator.

.PCI 16bit Generic SoundBlaster compatible sound card ( ever heard of Multi media software's Golden melody? No? Thought not!!!!)

.Diamond Supra modem.

.64Mb of ram.

.15Gb HDD (Samsung) 52x CD-ROM (Samsung).

runing Win ME and with the latest VooDoo drivers, and MI patch v1.1, oh and the MB chipset drivers as well.

any help grovelingly accepted smile.gif

Yes! Finally someone who has the same problem as me...

I was able to get past those parts ok, but eventually, you have to insult fight somone, and you get the same problem, so it's practically impossible to play the game! Please, is there any way to fix this?

I've contacted LucasArts Tech support, and I'll see what they have to say.

It really stinks though, when you can't figure out a simple puzzle because you can't see the options.

Thanks in advance...

BTW, MarkUK, I don't think it's a hardware problem... Looks like software, but I've got Win98, and we're having the same problem...

[This message has been edited by Agent007 (edited December 01, 2000).]

Is your problem that you can't see any text at all, or that the text isn't highlighting, to indicate your current option? The latter seems to be a common problem, and has been covered at some length already in another of the tech. forum discussions (started by "pyrogirl446"). With actual positive results! There is also a thread (begun by RLavi) dealing with not being able to see the dialog at all. In both cases, solutions mostly seem to involve updating video card/chip drivers.

Good luck,

Paul Nelson

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new here and I had the exact same problem. I am using a Voodoo 3 2000 and I was getting no text in the same places mentioned (darts players in SCUMM bar, voodoo woman's house, lawyers office and the most annoying, an insult sword fight with Ozzie).

The solution is simple. Update your graphics card drivers.

This fixed it for me, hope it works for you! smile.gif

Phew!

Someone who also has the same problem as me.

I emailed LucasArts about it too.

My comp spec is:

Celeron 566

128MB RAM

Voodoo3 3000

Windows ME

DirectX 8.0

How have you all got around this problem? Its almost impossible to get out of a conversation, due to not knowing which line is "bye"

------------------

I actually managed to get it going, it was the video card drivers, they had not installed properly due to the old ones still being in there,

I made sure that the old agp card drivers were deleted and then use GLsetup www.glsetup.com to sort out the latest drivers for my VooDoo III 3000,

thanks for all your help.

Originally posted by MarkUK:

I actually managed to get it going, it was the video card drivers, they had not installed properly due to the old ones still being in there,

I made sure that the old agp card drivers were deleted and then use GLsetup www.glsetup.com to sort out the latest drivers for my VooDoo III 3000,

thanks for all your help.

How do I delete the old drivers? I just messed up my whole computer and now I have ultra cheezy graphics. Hopefully my husband can straighten this out when he gets home tonight. The 3dfx web site is unreachable. I also had trouble reachig the glsetup web site.

[This message has been edited by LadyDi (edited December 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by LadyDi (edited December 29, 2000).]

Archived