Home

Slow reaction time in game

BrandNewMonkey

My computer (a toshiba satellite4070CDS laptop) passes all the tests perfectly and is supposedly fit to run Monkey4. However, The introduction and cutscenes are choppy (audio and video). When i play, the reaction time is unbearably slow and so is the movement. For example, if a press a keyboard command, it will take 3-5 seconds until any reaction is made. Also, thinks move on the screen about 4x slower than they should.(I know how things should work because i have seen the exact game at a friends house working fine.) PLease help me fast. I've tried everything the troubleshooting and readme has suggested, but to no avail.

SOME EXTRA INFO

Brand new, unused game

hard drive is about 50% full

windows 98 user

recieved game from amazon.com

Originally posted by BrandNewMonkey:

My computer (a toshiba satellite4070CDS laptop)...

SOME EXTRA INFO

Brand new, unused game

hard drive is about 50% full

windows 98 user

recieved game from amazon.com

Unfortunately, the information you gave is not enough... Not that we can be certain to know how to help you even if you gave your full system specs, but still, it might help a bit. And if you're going to contact LucasArts about the problem it's definately not enough.

Having a hard drive about 50% full means absolutely nothing to us, since we don't know the capacity of your hard drive. You could have a 20 Gig HD, and that's be plenty of space to work with. Or, you could have a 30 MB HD (rare nowadays, but who knows?), and that would quite obviously not suffice.

When giving your system specs, list at least the following:

• CPU Speed
  • System RAM
  • Video Card
  • Sound Card
  • HD Capacity and Space
  • Operating System
  • CD-ROM speed
  • DirectX version

------------------

Dancing_Monkey.gif Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.

Archived