Home

Possible solution to crash

Node1587246363

First, to help you guys...I have managed to get through lotsa crashes with Norton CrashGuard, comes with Norton 2000.

After the program intercepts a crash, just click "Enter" a few times with a 5 sec pause between each one. For my case, the game continues but without sound. Play a bit more then save and reload the whole game, the sound should come back.

Now I need your help, the Crashguard can't save me this time. Am stuck on disc 2 when entering the lava or the castle, any help?

P.S. Post your successes or suggestions to this topic and lets help each other.

Cheers!

I've encountered the exact same problem at the exact same place as you did! Even my saved game was unloadable... so I reinstalled the entire game (this time I chose the FULL install rather than the install without movies) and had to play the entire thing again.

Unfortunately, now I am stuck at the Diving Judges, where the game crashes regularly when I first would like to talk to them.

I am feeling with you - but do not have a solution to the sick twisted and mind crushing problem.

------------------

JAY VERSLUIS

Already patched. Am running DirectX 8 with a DirectX 7 driver for my Creative Voodoo2. The

game is also in full install but nothing seems to help.

I think the bug is the way the game accesses DirectX or using unsupported accessing methods thereby explaining why it crashes on certain configurations but runs perfectly on some others. Bad QC on Lucasart's part...

Would appreciate savegames right after the lava or castle; or anywhere on the other side of the island.

Wonder if anyone tried the Norton CrashGuard and have any sucesses...

Norton CrashGuard really doesn't provide sufficient "protection" from programs crashing... Not that I expect any program could do it any better than Norton CrashGuard.

Basically what NCG does is intercept the message sent by a crashing program when it throws an exception, so instead of Windows getting the message and terminating the program, CrashGuard catches it, lets you know, and attempts to let you back into the program and hopefully save your work (or whatever) before the program just plain gives up and stops responding.

When faced with a buggy program, no amount of intercepting error messages and keeping it open will help you... and if the program fails to terminate properly, or causes a memory leak that doesn't stop after it's terminated, the only thing you can do is to reboot and hope that the next open instance won't crash... or that a patch has been release that fixes all the bugs.

Unfortunately, even with the patch from LucasArts, many people are still experiencing bugs with EMI.

------------------

Dancing_Monkey.gif Fine, judge all you want, but... "Left a man at the altar"; "Married a lesbian"; "Fell in love with a gay ice dancer"; "Threw a girl's wooden leg in the fire"; "Live in a box"!

Archived