Home

Crash at ACTIII

Younes

EMI exists to windows when it start loading ACTIII, I have tried everything. last time I got this error:

MONKEY4 caused an invalid page fault in

module KERNEL32.DLL at 0177:bff7a125.

Registers:

EAX=01f5c558 CS=0177 EIP=bff7a125 EFLGS=00010216

EBX=03f2c754 SS=017f ESP=007cf868 EBP=007cf8a8

ECX=02e00008 DS=017f ESI=01f5c558 FS=1177

EDX=00100000 ES=017f EDI=01fd01fc GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:

8b 03 a8 01 74 25 25 fc ff ff 0f 8b 53 08 03 f8

Stack dump:

007cf8a8 01fd01fc 01f1c554 00040004 bff7a3a0 00e70000 01f5c558 01fd01fc 00000000 00e7000c 00e70000 01f1c554 00000000 00000000 00003f2c 00001f1d

Guest grannen

Have you uninstalled EMI before you reinstalled it?

If not, do this:

1. Copy the folder Saves to an other location.

2. Goto Start-Program-Lucasarts-Escape…-Uninstall …

3. Reinstall EMI

4. Copy your folder Saves back to its place.

or

1. Open Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and remove EMI (But save the folder Saves before you remove the EMI.)

2. Replace the folder Saves.

It might be a good idea to start with a ScanDisc. Check my answer to Niko in The Harbor under Topic "is there a computer wiz…"

P.S.

If you are using a Joystick/Gamepad try to run the game without having them physically connected. Then also reconfigure in the EMI so No Joystick is selected.

It might be an address conflict there.

If all fails, reinstall Windows. Kernel32.dll is a Windows "Control file" for the hardware and interrupts and something upsets the files sense for right and wrong! smile.gif

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

[This message has been edited by Grannen (edited June 12, 2001).]

Let me tell you what have I tried till now,

fresh win98se

win2000

different Video Card

different Sound Card

different Computer!

Full installation, used no-CD crack

resolution 640*480 16bit

tried OPENGL 16bit

unload any unecessary program.

no gamepad (I don't have one)

applied patch 1.1 and without it

is there anything else which I could try?

Can you be a little bit more specific, so we can see if anyone else has had the exact same problem?

1. [*]Which video cards?

[*]Which sound cards?

[*]DirectX version?

[*]What type of CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-R/CD-RW were/are you using?

[*]What type of processors are you running?

[/list=a]

Also, check your DirectX settings, and see if all of your hardware drivers are "certified."

------------------

brief.gif

"Is this made from real lemons?"

"Yes."

"I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they're real lemons?"

"Yes."

"I'll you you what--I'll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?"

"Are they made from real Girl Scouts?"

--Girl Scout & Wednesday, The Addams Family

Here are the specifications:

1st computer,

Intel PentiumIII 733Mhz FCPGA 133mhz

Ram 128mb 133 mhz

MB Asus CUSL2

DrectX 8.0

Video card

-ATI All In Wonder 128 16MB

-Intel 815E 4mb (Integrated with MB)

Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster Live 1024 Player

CDR Drive TEAC 40X

CDRW Yahmaha SCSI 8824

2nd Computer:

Intel Celeron 433Mhz

Ram 64mb

MB servex LX

Video Card ATI AIW 128 16mb

Sound Card Opti 931

Directx 7.0a

CDR TEAC 40X

Well, it looks like the common factor right now is your video card: the ATI All In Wonder... which I've never trusted enough to get for my own 3D gaming. Even if that wasn't the common factor, I would still suggest that you use something else for a video card/3D acceleration.

Now, for your Celeron... I hope you're not running W2K on that with just 64 megs of RAM... It's generally a bad idea to run any W2K system with anything less than 256 megs of RAM. Actually, that's too small even for WinME. You really should have at least 128 megs of RAM for WinME (which your first system has).

However, on your first system, the possible conflicts come with you having two video cards: one that's built-in to your motherboard (and can't really be used for EMI), and the ATI. This has all the potential of making a large mess of your system, and the only thing you can do here is to disable the built-in video card in your hardware profile, if you haven't already done so.

Creative Sound Blaster Live... If you check under your DirectX profiles (there should be a diagnostics program for DirectX in its directory; look under "C:\Program Files\DirectX" or something similar), you'll probably find that the driver is not "certified"; not much we can do about that, though--Last I checked, neither Creator Labs nor Microsoft has released any updated drivers that would make it certified. Try checking thourgh Creative Labs' web site for updated drivers, and hope for the best.

I have not heard anything wrong with the CD drives you're using in conjunction with EMI, so see if you can run the game without the "no-CD crack"; this probably means you'll have to uninstall EMI first, though. So uninstall it, reboot, then re-install without applying the no-CD crack. But do this after you've downloaded and installed the updated drivers for your hardware.

Also, go to LucasArts' website to download the patch for EMI.

------------------

brief.gif

"He has my father's eyes."

"Gomez, take those out of his mouth."

--Gomez & Morticia, Addams Family Values

I have checked the problem with the 3rd computer, still the same error message

Duron 750Mhz

Ram 128MB

Video Card TNT2 VANTA 16MB

Sound Card Creative 128

Windows ME

DirectX 8

I'm coming to this conclusion that maybe my copy of the game is defective frown.gif

Archived