Home

stool

I've been reading that if a corruption occurs in the EFMI game, saving the game will only save the corruption too.

This has been a considerable problem for MAC users, because the MAC OS has NEVER been able to menage memory. But if something occured to that last save, using that last save will only re-create the symptoms.

Try (I know this stinks) try an earlier saved game and play through. See if that sorts it out

Aside from that I found nothing specifically addressing your problem, so write to:

www.lucasarts.com/support/

and report the problem, they may be able to help.

Good Luck...

JP,

From My Computer or Explorer find the directory where Escape From Monkey Island is installed on your computer. The default is C:\ProgramFiles\Lucasarts Then click on the save folder and copy every single one of those files out of the directory and into another temporary directory. Reinstall the game and then copy those files back into the save directory. I'm not sure if its called "save" or "savedgames" because I'm not on my personal computer, but you can figure it out. Then you'll be able to start from where you left of, minus the problems.

JP,

Regardless of the solution, always make periodic saves in NEW save slots (EFMI gave you an insane amount, so you won't run out)

It is NEVER wise to keep re-saving over the same slot. The above suggestion from InfinitySquared will work ... unless your saved_game file is corrupted.

Good fortune...

Archived