Home

Cann't run game please help

monkey4

i have got a big problem about Monkey island 4. I cann't start the game.I had tried to install standart or complete typical ( around 10 times for reinstall) when i click playgame

in mk4 menu,it go to black screen just a moment return to window

screen.I have tried to changed configure option Enable 3D,color 16 bit ,color 32 bit and enable open GL anything i can. But still cannot go to mk4 game. I try install to my friend's computer that

work. I check my computer system by syscheck analysis in mk4 menu, All passed.Why

i still not run this game. Please help me .

My computer specification

Cpu : celeron 366 MHZ, 64 MB Ram,3D card is Asus AGP V3100 (Savage 3d 8 MB) ,lastet Direct X 7,CDROM 40X,

Please Help me

thanks

[This message has been edited by monkey4 (edited July 21, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by monkey4 (edited July 21, 2001).]

Guest grannen

The following is from Lucas Arts Troubleshooting Guide:

I Cannot Launch Escape from Monkey Island. What Do I Do Now?

Check DirectX Setup to find out how to see if your computer hardware is DirectX 6.1 compatible.

Check to see if your Windows desktop color palette is set to High Color (16-bit) and the desktop area is set to 640 by 480 if you have trouble launching the program. On some video cards, other desktop settings may cause problems in Escape from Monkey Island.

Check to see how much room is available on your hard drive to make sure that you have enough free space for Escape from Monkey Island to run. It is recommended that you have an additional 75 MB of free space after installing the program for the Windows swap file.

Check to see if you have any other applications running, such as memory managers, screen savers, or virus protection programs. If you receive the error: Error: Cannot Initialize Sound System, another application may be using the sound system on your computer.

Try launching the program in OpenGL instead of Direct3D.

Check to see if Direct3D is disabled. This may occur because of driver incompatibilities. Please refer to DirectX Setup (Section 9) for information on how to check if Direct3D is enabled.

Check the Escape from Monkey Island CD to see if it is dirty or scratched. The CD-ROM drive may be having trouble reading the CD.

Make sure that your CD-ROM drive letter didn't change since installing Escape from Monkey Island. If it did, you will need to uninstall the program and reinstall it with the new drive letter.

Trying running Escape from Monkey Island by double clicking on Monkey4.exe, which is located in the directory where you installed the program.

If none of the suggestions above help, you may have a corrupted installation. Try uninstalling, then reinstalling Escape from Monkey Island.

------------------

Calvin.gifHobbes.gif and Grannen

I have already check it . Direct X is version 7 and set enable for direct 3D.free space after installing is around 2 GB. If i try to launch the program in OpenGL instead of Direct3D, i recieved error massage. i check my cd whick not scratched,it's Ok. Because i have installed to my friend's computer that work.

**** i have notice something after i install Mk4, i cann't run game in hardik ( i click MK4.exe or MK4 icon on desktop in hardisk) but when i click MK4.exe from CD's directory that can launch game.But It's cannot save ,you know it cd directory not hardisk.***************

Please help me, i would like to play it very much

Please please please

Thanks

Guest grannen

In the EMI Menu select Help - Analyze Your Computer and check the result.

On the result display you can also run the DirectX Diagnostics.

------------------

Guest grannen

Reinstall Windows! That might help.

And don't have any programs running in the background.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Grannen (edited July 22, 2001).]

i already tried reinstall window that not work(window 98 se). My window cd may be trouble ,i will try take new window cd and reinstall. I will try to do it. if you have new idea for my problem ,please advise me .

Thanks

Do you see any message in the black screen when you try to launch moneky4?

Something like 'Program too big to fit in memory'.

Originally posted by monkey4:

i already tried reinstall window that not work(window 98 se). My window cd may be trouble ,i will try take new window cd and reinstall. I will try to do it. if you have new idea for my problem ,please advise me .

Thanks

No,Don't have any message in the back screen .When i click play mk4,go to black screen just a moment and return to window.

Originally posted by wronde:

Do you see any message in the black screen when you try to launch moneky4?

Something like 'Program too big to fit in memory'.

[This message has been edited by monkey4 (edited July 27, 2001).]

Guest grannen

Are you using a gamepad/joystick?

If so, try to disconnect it and reconfigure and reboot.

------------------

Archived