Home

Problems with EMI

PoisonedPawn

I've recently begun using Windows 2000 as my operating system and I've now begun running into problems with EMI. During cutscenes, there will be occasional stalls (They occur for 1-2 seconds max) and then the cutscene will play in "fast forward" for a few seconds to catch up. Its starting to become really annoying and I was wondering if anyone knows anyway I might be able to fix it. My system:

Windows 2000

PIII 450MHz

Voodoo 5 5500 AGP

128MB RAM

DirectX 8.0

Creative Encore 5X DVD (Acts as a 32X CD drive)

I have done the full installation of EMI (1.1GB or so). I still have more than 6GB free.

[This message has been edited by PoisonedPawn (edited August 14, 2001).]

I tried my other drive (HP CD-Writer Plus) but still have the same problem. When I was watching a movie scene I noticed that the cutscenes were definitely running off the harddrive since the light on the computer was flashing, and I was able to take out the CD without causing any problems. I read the troubleshooting guide that came with the game and it mentions as one point something about Full Sound Duplex. It says that with some Creative cards if this is disabled it may cause "pausing or skipping, with the sound cutting in and out" during the cutscenes. I think this MIGHT be my problem but when I followed the instructions to activate it I couldn't find any options to turn it on. I'm guessing its different since I'm running Win2k (The Device Manager is accessed differently) so if anyone can tell how I can at least see if its activated, I'd appreciate it.

Archived