Home

Anyone else have this problem?

Eliana

Greetings all, I've been looking for a solution to a problem of mine, and so I registered here to see if anyone else has had this problem...

I recently bought Curse of Monkey Island after playin' the demo which I thought was awesome, and the package included the Secret of Monkey Island and #2 as well on a separate "bonus" disk. However, I ran it, (#1) and it worked for a while, then my entire computer froze! Couldn't even turn it off usin' the power switch. It did it three times, so I went back and exchanged it for another one, and I had the same problem with the bonus disk. It would run fine for a while, and then apparently, just randomly, my entire computer would freeze. I have Windows 98 and my computer is by far fast enough to handle it. Anyone have this problem, or have suggestions? It's really frusterating as I want to play it!!!

You'll probably had to shut down to DOS-mode to play the game if problems like that occur.

However, some of the settings you'll need in CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT for DOS-mode can be a bit tricky for most people. Since I no longer run a Win98 machine, I am unable to check the exact settings for you... Ask some of your friends to see if any of them know what I'm talking about. If not, try contacting LucasArts, they should have information like that on file.

------------------

brief.gif

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Archived