Home

Technical Help (if you can :D)

Seigre

Yo all. I just bought the UK Monkey Island Bounty Pack for the PC (MI1, 2 and 3), and for some weird reason the sound won't work on either MI1 and MI2. It's not really any fun without sound frown.gif

Can you help? (btw, the programs dont need to be installed - they run from the disk which is cool, but not helpful wink.gif)

------------------

<font size=1>seigre | go to: totalff<font color=#e0dacc>

[This message has been edited by Seigre (edited August 17, 2001).]

MI1 and 2 are DOS games, so they require some DOS compatible drivers for the sound to work... Check the documentation for MI1 and MI2, they should have it in there somewhere... something about adding the line "SET BLASTER=110" (not sure about the number) to your AUTOEXEC.BAT file (you might not have one now, so may have to create one). Basically, you need to let your DOS environment know that you have a Sound Blaster or AdLib compatible sound card.

Since I don't have the bounty pack, I don't really know how they packaged the documentation. If you don't have actual booklets, check the CD.. it should contain the actual documentation in there.

Also, you may want to check out the documenation for your sound card to see if it says anything about setting up sound for DOS programs.

------------------

brief.gif

As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

[This message has been edited by brief (edited August 17, 2001).]

Archived