Home

Strange FOC scripting issue

Nimbus9

Just like the title says. See, I can add new units/GCs/maps/etc without a problem, but when I try to run a (LUA) script it crashes with an exception. It's strange because 1) it doesn't crash in EaW and 2) if i play a tutorial first, it doesn't crash (but I can only have one state because the others won't ever trigger)

I'm using win7 64bit with the RAM patch btw

Nevermind, LOL.

Turns out I forgot this line:

require("PGStateMachine")

And I didn't have the problem in EAW because EAW's PGStoryMode includes the PGStateMachine module already.

I suspected it would be something really easy >.> :D

Basically, it's an infinity-style expansion campaign, wherein you play the Empire. In this reality, the Death Star was destroyed - BEFORE the empire could use it. You start small with like 2 planets and the everyone else has you outgunned, then you grow in power and conquer the galaxy kind of thing. I've been working on it for several weeks now, and my plans include custom models, particle effects, branching storylines, customizable tech tree (i.e. complete a mission and get THIS ship OR that ship... but not both) and basically other random stuff. I still haven't gotten very far at this point - just trying to fix enemy spawns on the second mission (for some reason the game doesn't seem to like nesting loops). Yeah, I'm wanting it to be rather fun, but there's still a while to go.

:D

Sounds nice :) I'd play it. I am making a mod about an alternative timeline taking place after the events of the Imperial Civil War. New Republic and Imperial Remnant have made peace and formed the Galactic Alliance while an alien race invades the galaxy Yuuzhan Vong style and they conquer the majority of the galaxy within a week, pushing the alliance back to the south. They work hard to create new weapons that can defeat the aliens but they also suffer from attacks from Imperial extremists who believe the Alliance isn't suitable to lead the galaxy in the war against the aliens lol :') There's going to be multiple campaings but atm I am adding in new units and trying to redesign skirmish mode to be much more advanced :')

Archived