Home

Best Ending Ever?

Guest ZeroXcape

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MI2 has the best ending...Its not just the bit where u find out that LeChuck is tricking Guybrush but after the credits it is soooo funny...

It goes on to tell u wot to do now that the game is finished...like paint a strangers house in the night...publish a magazine on pencil shavings and have an argument with a dog!!! lol

i dunno, the whole ending to mi2 was ripped off from the SW trilogy. the whole emeny-being-family conecpt, and even when lechuck used his voodoo doll, the lightning type shockwaves that flashed all over guybrush were exactly like the ones the Emporer incurred onto Luke. At least the CMI ending was original.

------------------

"That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!"

-Guybrush Threepwood

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Feral Chicken

Christ, will everyoen just LISTEN to LeChuck at the end of CMI? He explains everything!

OR are you all to impatient to listen and just keep pressing > ?

------------------

Money isn't everyting, but it helps

Steve Chicken

Guest Guybrush112

I have to say I LOVED MI2 but the ending wasn't to my liking and on a personal note: I missed the swordfighting. The ending I thought was over done. I guess it could have been okay if he was his brother. As long as he didn't have a mask. I liked the whole rotting corpse thing. And I wish they had gotton an explanation for the hex and carnival (I thought guybrush was going to be like that forever) But in the third everything was fine. But you guys should listen to LeChuck at the ending of CMI. It is vital. !) he tells you about big whoop! 2) he tells the story of captain marley and his crew. Also: on the roller coaster you can speak to wally and hermin toothrot. They explain alot too.

Guest Guybrush112

LeChuck13, you have an EXCELLENT theory. It totally makes sense. That the treasure chest contains the spell of big whoop. I loved it (it made me screech!?) But LeChuck at the end of CMI said that the treasure of big whoop is the very gates of hell. He aalso said Capt. Marley and his crew saw the curse of Big Whoop and managed to trap it in a chest. But LeChuck p***ed through big whoop and became his demon self. Opon meeting being beeten by guybrush he knew that the only way to get revenge was have him p*** through big whoop. He then built a tunnel under dinkey leeding to monkey. When upon smashing the chest it released big whoop and the haulucination of LeChuck. Then he attempted to p*** guybrush through the gates of hell by fooling him to believe he is just a boy to get him to go on the roller coaster. I think after LeChuck found out that guybrush had escaped he needed to lure guybrush into hell. I also think that maybe guybrush has to conceal big whoop once again in achest and make sure it is never found. That way the curse of hell won't be brought upon the Carribean forever!!!! Bwahahahahaha! I'm tired: good night.

Guest Guybrush112

yes you CAN speak to wally. At least, that's what I thought. I'm sorry if i led some people on a wild goose chase. <blush/cry>

I'm guessing many of you have not layed Monkey Island 3, otherwise there wouldn't be all this conjecture. At the beginning of part 5, LeChuck's speech answers many of these questions. Anyway, here is the official story:

1) LeChuck is not Guybrush's brother. It's possible that Gilbert intended for them to really be related but Ackley and Ahern disliked this and decided to treat it as a one-off Star Wars parody.

2) Big Whoop is not the secret of Monkey Island. It seems likely that this secret will never be revealed and will only ever be a running gag.

3) While Gilbert envisioned Dinky as a seperate island, it suited the purposes of Ackley and Ahern to pretend that it was really sort of Monkey Island all along.

4) The elevator that goes to Melee is a throwaway gag and has no special relevance.

5) The ending of MI2 is an illusion. LeChuck had trapped Guybrush inside a fantasy amusement park where he was to be tortured forever until his dodgem car accidentally broke through the safety barrier and sailed out to sea. This is why Guybrush can't remember what has happened to him in COMI for he has been in a trance ever since his rope broke after Elaine spoke to him in MI2.

Hope this clears things up. Any more questions?

Hey... you're all talking about endings. But the story continues!!

Wait for the final episode before you judge the end. I think it's best to look at the best parts of each of the Games. Personally, my favorite 2 parts are:

1) Part 2(?) in MI2 (I think that's right - it was so long ago, please correct me if I'm wrong). The part where you had to win the spitting contest and so on....

2) The journey to Monkey Island TM in SoMI - having to get all the ingredients etc. I don't know why, they're just the parts that hit me as my fabourite bits (Finally getting to see Monkey Island!)

I do like other parts tho, like training for swordfighting and the rest.

Guest Guybrush112

ok, someody in here said they actually watched escape from monkey island's ending.....WHERE?!?!?!?! And to who ever missed the ending of monkey island 2 i will tell it for him. guybrush collects samples from various rooms to get a voodoo doll of lechuck. then after tearing off his arm and leg they do a parody of Star Wars 3 and have guybrush remove his mask to findthat lechuck is his brother. then all of a sudden guyrush is a child with his little brother chuckie (lechuck) at the carnival of big whoop and his parents are there. as they all walk away chuckie's eye glow to tell you that it is just a haullucination. then there was 3....

------------------

"Mortal fool! Release me from this retched tomb! I will hide your keysin your upholstered furniture! And never more will you be able to find socks that match!"

Guest Guybrush112

i'm just posting this to become a three-headed monkey and to draw more guys to this topic--I DO MISS THE LARGO EMBARGO

------------------

"Mortal fool! Release me from this retched tomb! I will hide your keysin your upholstered furniture! And never more will you be able to find socks that match!"

Guest The Feral Chicken

I had to read that last post twice; at first I thought it said it was one of the best minestrone's! (But spelt wrong) biggrin.gifrolleyes.gifwink.gif

------------------

Money isn't everyting, but it helps

Steve Chicken

Guest Rapp Scallion

When you use the elevator in LR you can see melee island, and it`s closed because it`s under construction. When you get to Melee Island in EMI it looks different smile.gif.

Guest Rapp Scallion

When you use the elevator in LR you can see melee island, and it`s closed because it`s under construction. When you get to Melee Island in EMI it looks different smile.gif.

Wow this is a popular topic! cool.gif

Has anyone realised that the Monkey Island series has now spanned ten years!?

When I saw the ending to Monkey Island 2 I was still in primary school. Now I'm 20!

Yes the MI2 ending is definately a great Starwars pun. I think that back then when Ron Gilbert was about to leave Lucas Arts, LeChuck really was Guybrush's brother (Lucas Arts said at the time that they did not intend to continue the series past MI2 after Gilbert resigned to start his own company).

But in 1997 when Lucas Arts decided it was time to make some more sequels the story had to be re-sculpted a little.

So heres the deal:

-I reckon Guybrush copped a fair bit of shrapnel from the explosion.

-He had a damn hard fall on to the floor of a concrete tunnel.

-LeChuck inflicted all kinds of Voodoo Magic and incredible torture on him with a voodoo doll.

-And Guybrush had just broken up with Elaine so he was suffering from post-relationship depression.

So Guybrush was basically in a pretty ****ed-up state and LeChuck took the oportunity to use the power of 'Big Woop' to mess with his head.

-This explains the scary ending with Guybrush as a child with his parents and "Chuckie" as his brother.

Fact:

As explained by LeChuck himself near the end of CMI:

-Dinky Island is actually an atol of the coast of Monkey Island.

-The underground maintanence tunel connects the two Islands.

-It appears LeChuck had all ready established his 'Carnival Of The Damned' on Monkey Island.

But as somebody mentioned an elevator in the tunnel takes Guybrush up to Melee Island. How is this possible?

Theory:

The secret lies in the stump (in the forest on Melee Island.

All the islands in the Tri-Island area are actually connected by a series of voodoo-catacomb maintanence tunnels.

And all the pirates lived happily ever after.

The End. rolleyes.gif

Everyone posted here has neglected to add in one more piece of information. In MI2's ending, after Chucky and Guybrush walk off the screen, we see Elaine standing next to the big whole, where the X used to be.

"Hmm, I hope LeChuck hasn't cast some sort of SPELL over Guybrush..."

Oh, and EMI finally reveals the Secret of Monkey Island smile.gif

------------------

"Goodbye cruel adventure game!!" - Guybrush Threepwood

my god thats right! by that logic lechuck won that battle, u know what that means!?!!?

well i dont either i was just wondering if u did smile.gif

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

lets cancel school, what you dont know cant hurt you if nobody knows it either

Archived