Home

Art Style of CMI

MtBlanc

I'll try again to initiate some conversation on this board...I hope it works. Which do you perfer, the light cartoony art style of CMI, the watercolored backgrounds and dark style of LCR, the delightful pixels of SMI or the 3-D cartooniness of EMI. The art style of CMI is very unique in this series and while I like it, I perfer the style of LCR. What do you guys think of the art of CMI and how do you compare it to other games in the series?

------------------

sig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Feral Chicken

Ditto to BoneMaster. But, if I had to chose my favourite game (LCR) and have it remade with any of the graphics...CMI

------------------

3headferal.jpg

The best story was in LCR, but the best style (in my opinion) was the CMI style. Merging those games would be brilliant.

------------------

Guybrush: Do you know anything about lifting curses?

Murray: Oh Yeah, I know a lot about lifting curses.

That is why I am a disembodied talking skull, sitting on top of a pike, in the middle of a swamp.

Guybrush: You seem bitter.

Murray: I'm sorry it's been a rough day.

Man, imagine a remake of mi1 and mi2 with new graphics and voices. It will never happen but it would be nice.

Cmi had the best artwork.

I only really liked the look of scab island and lechucks fortress in Mi2.

------------------

All hell cannot stop....

Pauly Shaw!!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Murray1.gif

• 1 month later...

I have only played Escape From Monkey Island and now Curse of Monkey Island. I like the 3D effects from EMI, but have enjoyed the rich art style from CMI. I just obtained a copy of Monkey Island 1 & 2, so I will have a chance to sample them before too long. I think will will play Monkey Island 1 before LCR, but I am tempted to try LCR first since several folks have said it is the best.

Archived