Home

Windows 2000

Dingi

• 2 weeks later...

If you go to the start menu and click "Windows Update" you'll be taken to the site where you can download a bunch of fixes and updates for Win2k. There should be something called a compatability update, which makes CMI Win2k compabitable. There are a lot of other games it does this for too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bouht the game at cut price an I got the same problem. bloody merchants, it doesn't say anywhere the game was bugged under wan2k. Downloading windows update fixed it temporarly, until i rebooted for the third time. I even tried to hack-debug the exe with Visual C++ in desperation. And it also screwed up my Counterstrike online games.

However, I think I found a way to do it cleanly.

I have two solutions. one isn't entirely 'legal' i guess.

1) create a shortcut to comi.exe, and set the working directory to your CD drive (E: for me), where the game data is.

2) Even better, copy the entire content of the two CDs onto your harddrive, somewhere in a directory (the directory you installed the game if you want), overwrite the files if you wish (it doesn't matter, they are the same duplicated files on the two CDs anyway), and run the comi.exe instead of curse.exe. voila!

it looks like it's working, although I haven't been very far into the game.

hope it helps

Archived