Home

Emi length

Pauly Shaw

Just finished EMI.... Cant believe it..... Mustve taken about 8 hours playtime.... Thats rather crappy, as the other MI games have taken me far longer to complete. Is LucasArts thinking we went stupid in the time it took for them to make EMI from CMI or what ??? I thought it was easy and *very* short albeit a game i couldnt put away.

It does appear to be shorter, though I didn't even notice it... until yesterday, after I helped to burn some stuff onto CD for a friend of mine, and he asked me if I was going to play so more Monkey Island, and I said, "Oh, I'm finished."

Then he said, "Already?"

I had shown him CMI before, when I first got the game, and he also tried playing it at the time.. He probably remember it taking me longer to finish CMI (I think I did, too, considering EMI was only released about two weeks ago), though I don't know the actual number of hours I spent on each game... I might have taken longer sessions for EMI than I did for CMI.

It's still an enjoyable game (for me, anyway), though the ending was a bit disappointing--not too much happened after the final battle, though the cutscene just prior to it was pretty long.

Jar-jar??

------------------

"Show me a man who's gentle and kind, and I'll show you a loser."

-Meet the Parents

[This message has been edited by brief (edited November 20, 2000).]

george??

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

stop reaching for the stars, they are REALLY REALLY far away and made of FIRE!

i think its the limits of CD's... the space for the game was actually taken up by the engine & those lovely big cutscenes smile.gif

Grim Fandango also wasn't very long...

does anyone think its about time that Lucasarts consider more than 2 CD's for their games?

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

Mommyyy?? biggrin.gif

Eh...yeah I thought it was a bit too short. They should have made the puzzles harder, more complex and generally put in more easter eggs and stuff! ^_^ I went for a slow play (as in get thru all char lines and stuff, find out all i can about easter eggs 'n stuff) but it was still pretty short. Darn. :p

well i did think it was short but i have never played the other ones this is the first one iv played and i cant play the others since they ant made anymore but it would of been quicker for me to finish becuase.........i dearly regret this.....i used.....a walkthrough for the last half of the game. frown.gif I'm sorry im a desgrace to the MI series.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i agree it is small but thats the price we have to pay for mind numbing graphics and as for putting onto dvds that would be expensive also if you want a less sluggish game you would want a full install right so who wants a game to take up 4GB or so on there hard drive although they could probably in the future make the engine less sizey and the speech files smaller i hope there are more releases I HOPE although i think if they released another and it was a "RETURN OF LECHUCK AGAIN" it would be very boring and uncreative but if the had another plot like pregnant elaine has been kidnapped by some evil pirate who doesnt want the THREPWOOD leagasy to continue or some $hit like that

Ok i agree it is small but thats the price we have to pay for mind numbing graphics and as for putting onto dvds that would be expensive also if you want a less sluggish game you would want a full install right so who wants a game to take up 4GB or so on there hard drive although they could probably in the future make the engine less sizey and the speech files smaller i hope there are more releases I HOPE although i think if they released another and it was a "RETURN OF LECHUCK AGAIN" it would be very boring and uncreative but if the had another plot like pregnant elaine has been kidnapped by some evil pirate who doesnt want the THREPWOOD leagasy to continue or some $hit like that

DMAN THIS DOUBLE POST Muhahahahahhahaa

------------------

OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL DO I DO HERE? i have no idea!!! WELL THIS SUX TIME TO CONSULT THE WALKTHROUGH

Archived