Home

~ Monkey Island 5 Ides! ~

ash123

Hi all lets make a list and post everything we want to see in MI5!!!! part 4 is my first monkey island game so if I mention something that's already in the others then.. whatever.

i posted this on the other MI forum too.

1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!)

2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks)

3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!)

4.More puzzles to solve!!!!

5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time.

6.more funny comments and funny actions

7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!!

8.in part 4 I found lots of useless items, like the pirate stuff in the chest in that lady's classroom (in jimbalaya island) cut down on the useless items please. And the handkerchief,never found a use for it.

9.blowing up ships EN PLENA AGUA! BOOM!

10.multiplayer sounds cool.. but there will be alot of guybrushes..! hehe or we can create our own characters, that sounds cool

11.NO SATANIC THINGS (voodoo, demons,..etc)

12.Guybrush with new clothes!

13.More rooms in the mansion

14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe

15.Make the game longer.. how about put them in chapters like Chapter 1 : Guybrush discovers pirate-infested island..hehe! part 4 was too short!!! I wantesd to go to ALL the islands on the map

16.Dont make the game boring.. (i mean by going around talking to people for 3 hours until you get somewhere.. i mean like go in to different places, find items and solve a puzzle there..)

17.I LOVED the combats (the insults and all except for the monkey combat) The armwrestling was cool, put that in part 5 with more insults. I liked the clean insults too. I think I might try the arm wrestling insult game at school!@!!!!!!!!

18.needs some suspense..

*Guybrush has to die at some point (UNLIMITED LIVES TOO!)

*I want to see his boat sink and you know how in part 4 you had to solve a puzzle to move on *the ship was never going to sink or get blowed anyway) what I wanna see is, guybrush's ship gets cannon balled and he has to solve a puzzle to keep it sea worthy, and if not, it sinks (not stay afloat!) and they die..

19.please don't make monkey island 5 be for 1,000 mhz computers!(i heard that they are already out). Mine is 500, keep it low please!

20. more pirates

21.At least I didn't have to worry about dying or falling in the lava in MI4!

But he's gotta die. And NO RED LINES ACROSS THE SCREEN (showing his health)

22. steal items (hey look over there!)

come on people lets add on to the list!!!

maybe they will get some ideas..

the monkey island series is NOT an action adventure series. please god do not let them produce another 3d monkey and NO PLATFORMS. this would transform the game into a crap tomb raider clone. there are plenty out there already. i suggest you play the first 3 monkey games and think again. the same goes for ddying... this is an adventure game trait. the health bar thing was a one off for monkey combat... probably a p**s-take...

------------------

That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen! -- Guybrush

Guest The Feral Chicken

Here are MY 3 lists (from ash123's ideas)

The 'Been There, Done that' list

• 2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks)

• 4.More puzzles to solve!!!!

• 9.blowing up ships EN PLENA AGUA! BOOM!

• 12.Guybrush with new clothes!

• 13.More rooms in the mansion

• 15.Make the game longer.. how about put them in chapters like Chapter 1 : Guybrush discovers pirate-infested island..hehe! part 4 was too short!!! I wantesd to go to ALL the islands on the map

• 17.I LOVED the combats (the insults and all except for the monkey combat) The armwrestling was cool, put that in part 5 with more insults. I liked the clean insults too. I think I might try the arm wrestling insult game at school!@!!!!!!!!

• 20. more pirates

The 'IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND HOLY NO!' List

• 1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!)

• 3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!)

• 5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time.

• 7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!!

• 14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe

• 18.needs some suspense..
    *I want to see his boat sink and you know how in part 4 you had to solve a puzzle to move on *the ship was never going to sink or get blowed anyway) what I wanna see is, guybrush's ship gets cannon balled and he has to solve a puzzle to keep it sea worthy, and if not, it sinks (not stay afloat!) and they die...

The 'Well D-uh!' List

• 4.More puzzles to solve!!!!

• 6.more funny comments and funny actions

• 15.Make the game longer.. how about put them in chapters like Chapter 1 : Guybrush discovers pirate-infested island..hehe! part 4 was too short!!! I wantesd to go to ALL the islands on the map

• 16.Dont make the game boring.. (i mean by going around talking to people for 3 hours until you get somewhere.. i mean like go in to different places, find items and solve a puzzle there..)

• 19.please don't make monkey island 5 be for 1,000 mhz computers!(i heard that they are already out). Mine is 500, keep it low please!

• 20. more pirates

The 'Why?' List

• 1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!)

• 2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks)

• 3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!)

• 5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time.

• 7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!!

• 11.NO SATANIC THINGS (voodoo, demons,..etc)

• 13.More rooms in the mansion

• 14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe

• 18.needs some suspense..
    *I want to see his boat sink and you know how in part 4 you had to solve a puzzle to move on *the ship was never going to sink or get blowed anyway) what I wanna see is, guybrush's ship gets cannon balled and he has to solve a puzzle to keep it sea worthy, and if not, it sinks (not stay afloat!) and they die..

• 22. steal items (hey look over there!)

The 'Good Idea's' List

• Uh...

------------------

That's the second chicken I've ever seen! What with me being a pirate and all. I don't see many chickens in my line of work.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

f_md_wht.gife_md_wht.gifr_md_wht.gifa_md_wht.gifl_md_wht.gif

[This message has been edited by The Feral Chicken (edited January 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Feral Chicken (edited January 03, 2001).]

Guest nathanism666

No, there are severall things to be added to the final monkey island game, these are them...

1. more free roaming conversations (u have sum say in what can be said)

2. have one quest that is only finneshed at the end (not several smaller ones that are finneshed in each act)

3. be able to play as Elaine, TAKING IT IN TURNS WITH gUYBRUSH, they are in seperate places. (like in broken sword 2)

4. have Elaine divource Guybrush at the end, turning him into "one of the lads".

[This message has been edited by nathanism666 (edited January 04, 2001).]

Have you ever played adventure games like the Space Quest series? Well, in that game you COULD die, and you would just have to start back a little and try to beat it over again. This added some challenge and required some quick thinking, but best of all the way you died was just, well, funny!! Like if you stupidly push a button you weren't supposed to and suddenly a laser cannon pops out of the ground and vaporizes you and the anoucer comes on and says his witty comment. Do you know what i am talking about? Well that should be added to the next MI: possibilty of death (where you can just start back a little, and no i do NOT mean a health bar, you only die if you fail to do something right), times where quick thinking is required (like you go 1 minute to solve this or you die and have to do it over, just an example), and of course, funny coments to be included with these deaths. What do you think???

Yeah, i know it probably wont happen, cause MI (and most LucasArts games like it) are more of a comical adventure game. Keeping with the comical aspect of the games, dying just wont fit in, just wont seem to fit... but still, i am just saying that the added challenge does add some to the game.

produce another 3D monkey? I dont remember mentioning that (its been a while since I havent been back anyway....) since its going to be part FIVE it can change a little but, it wouldnt hurt. I think I might try part 3 is it better than 4 or 4 better than 3? I didn't mean swim under water I meant like swimming with your head OUT THE WATER.

Also I am going to say this again... MONKEY ISLAND 4 IS MY FIRST GAME. So I don't know what is in the otehr ones but I've played part 3 demo.

The 'Why?' List

1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!) --- Why not?????????????????

2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks) ABOVE water not under.. like on a sea quest or something.. not scuba diving! Well if they want htat in their game then fine with me.

3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!) ...... Like on the 1st level Guybrush is on the boat tied up against the thing and has to blow up the enemy ship? like that.. nothing fancy

5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time Because it just makes it easier.... those of you hwat played Tomb raider or 3D Mario, 3D whatever you can see all around you and not walk from 1 screen to the next just to see whats.... you know what I mean... I know EMI does it sometimes but its too far back.

7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!! WHy not? it was in the other Monkey island game (as someone else said)

11.NO SATANIC THINGS (voodoo, demons,..etc) no comment...

13.More rooms in the mansion ..... Just open up the locked doors

14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe WHat about pirate artifacts (if any)

18.needs some suspense..

22. steal items (hey look over there!) MORE.

I know that there are already puzzles int he game but its so logical, the puzzle you did on one island is the same (or alomost) on the next island... I just think it needs to be different. And they tell you what to do.. Find the ultimate insult.. find this find that.

Originally posted by Marcamo:

Have you ever played adventure games like the Space Quest series? Well, in that game you COULD die, and you would just have to start back a little and try to beat it over again. This added some challenge and required some quick thinking, but best of all the way you died was just, well, funny!! Like if you stupidly push a button you weren't supposed to and suddenly a laser cannon pops out of the ground and vaporizes you and the anoucer comes on and says his witty comment. Do you know what i am talking about? Well that should be added to the next MI: possibilty of death (where you can just start back a little, and no i do NOT mean a health bar, you only die if you fail to do something right), times where quick thinking is required (like you go 1 minute to solve this or you die and have to do it over, just an example), and of course, funny coments to be included with these deaths. What do you think???

NO NO NO NO NO!

like the Leisure suit Larry series and you spent more time reloading and saving than you did actually playing the game

Worst idea ever

For the love of God, did you hear what you said!? The possibility of dying for doing dumb things? You should never be able to die in a MI game or a LEC adventure game for that matter. Haven't you played CMI, where they make fun of your idea many, many times? If you want dying, go replay a whole bunch of King's Quest, not any LEC games.

------------------

sig.jpg

why don't handle dying like this:

At some points in the game you can die

because of idiotic mistakes.

Then you are "respawned" at the place

you stood before.

After some attempts with different kinds

of deaths and funny comments,

Guybrush automatically acts right or

says something like

"I've a bad feeling with that."

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Monkey 5 should be the last, they've been a great series and Ive played them all, but i think that there will be enough with five. Mi5 should be an incredibly enourmous game with masses of puzzles and more insults. I think something should happen to Guybrush at the end (open to suggestions). That would securly conclude the series, but in the true sense of the game withiout him dying. Whatever happed to point and clicks i enjoyed them as much if not more than the 3d alternative.

Originally posted by ash123

The 'Why?' List

1.I want to see guybrush dine in at the bar, (alone or with someone) order food and EAT, order drinks and drink grog (I didn't know what that was at first but now I do.. hehe!) --- Why not?????????????????

2.swim in water (rivers, lakes..ocean, sharks) ABOVE water not under.. like on a sea quest or something.. not scuba diving! Well if they want htat in their game then fine with me.

3.I want to watch a cutscene of them traveling to another island while they're on the boat (like being on a cruise!) ...... Like on the 1st level Guybrush is on the boat tied up against the thing and has to blow up the enemy ship? like that.. nothing fancy

5.You know like, ok on 3D video games like dream cast etc.. I want to see in 3D and 1st person or 3rd person mode.. where you can see all around you and not just 1 screen at a time Because it just makes it easier.... those of you hwat played Tomb raider or 3D Mario, 3D whatever you can see all around you and not walk from 1 screen to the next just to see whats.... you know what I mean... I know EMI does it sometimes but its too far back.

7.I liked the lava ride in MI4!! make a roller coaster, a mine ride, or a log ride on part 5. something!!! WHy not? it was in the other Monkey island game (as someone else said)

11.NO SATANIC THINGS (voodoo, demons,..etc) no comment...

13.More rooms in the mansion ..... Just open up the locked doors

14.I'm a tomb raider fan and I want MORE PUZZLES.. how about climb ledges and jump from one place to another? Hey, and maybe find artifacts. heheehe WHat about pirate artifacts (if any)

18.needs some suspense..

22. steal items (hey look over there!) MORE.

I know that there are already puzzles int he game but its so logical, the puzzle you did on one island is the same (or alomost) on the next island... I just think it needs to be different. And they tell you what to do.. Find the ultimate insult.. find this find that.

Nah. Not many good ideas here. Some things are OK, but I wouldn`t like the game if it was like this.

[This message has been edited by MagnusB (edited February 07, 2001).]

Archived