Home

Indiana Jones & the infernal machine MOD (WIP)

Jandar-man

Hello to everybody!

I have a couple of questions about Indiana Jones & Infernal machine. Because i want to mod it (at last!)

1) Which file extension is used for the levels in this game?

2) Which engine used for creating this game (sith, scumm or what)?

3) Which level editor was used to work with levels?

Under that i will describe of what i allready know:

About level editor i read somewhere that Tim Miller used Lea (proprietary level editor). But as i know proprietary things will still proprietary forever (especially when it comes to disney stuff).

I know that game have used GOB archives like it did JK and MOTs

3do - was used for 3d models

cog - used for scripts

mat - used for images

cnd - for audio stuff

But i have no idea for what purposes game uses these extensions:

ai (i think it may be for scripts too)

pup

snd (i think it may be for sounds)

spr

snm

And in the end of all this crap i don't know what file extension have been used for levels.

But all of writen above is the first part of a problem, under that post i will describe second part

The second part of it is i don't know how Disney or Lucasarts look at modding such games as Indi-IM. Does it allowed to make fan mods based on this game or not.

I think that there must be no problem for doing that, because now is 2016, not 2000 and many things has changed. For example many fans creating their mods for games that they love and it's ok about that (for example Black Mesa Source).

But I would like to know more precisely about how Disney or Lucasarts look to things like that. Anybody know here something about that?

Archived