Home

What was LeChuck this time around?

Bob Shrimp

The Evil Anti-Pirate Charles L. Charles?

The Evil Golem Pirate LeChuck?

The Evil Indecisive-Yet-Dead Pirate LeChuck?

What? I mean, for those who've been keeping track, in MI1 he was the Evil Ghost Pirate LeChuck, in MI2 he was the Evil Zombie Pirate LeChuck, in MI3 he was the Evil Demon Pirate LeChuck.

So what was he this time? (I only ask for consitency...)

------------------

You: What is the Secret of Monkey Island?

Me: There is no secret.

You: Huh? But what about Big Whoop, the Three-Headed Monkey, and/or The Big Honking Monkey Robot?

Me: Oh *THOSE*. Well you really can't call them secrets now, can you?

You: Huh?

Me: Well everyone knows about them now, don't they?

You: Well I guess...

Me: See, there you go. Since they're not secrets anymore, there is *NO* Secret of Monkey Island. So what has this taught you?

You: Never to spend, $39.99 on a computer game.

Me: Tsk, Tsk, BAD MONKEY!!! *Whack!* Besides, that was more or less a direct steal from an answer to the first Monkey Island game!

Oh sure, give the boring standard answer... C'mon, you can do better than that.

Look, what I want to know is what we should call the Evil *Insert Name Here* LeChuck, this time around. I also wouldn't mind knowing what form of undead thingiemabob you think LeChuck should be next go-around...

The Evil Wraith LeChuck? The Evil Vampire LeChuck? The Evil Were-LeChuck (By day he's Ozzie Mandrill, by night he's LeChuck?)

------------------

Me: The secret is, is that there is no secret.

You: Huh? But what about Big Whoop, the Three-Headed Monkey, and/or The Big Honking Monkey Robot?

Me: See, there you go. Since they're not secrets anymore, there is *NO* Secret of Monkey Island. So what has this taught you?

Me: Tsk, Tsk, BAD MONKEY!!! *Whack!* Besides, that was more or less a direct steal from an answer to the first Monkey Island game!

Guest Guybrush112

The Evil Ghost-Zombie Demonic Pirate LeChuck

(PLC for short)

------------------

"You may have seen me in your nightmares. I'm THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"

"Yipe."--Figurehead &

Guybrush

I still prefer The Evil Golem Pirate LeChuck to The Evil Rock-Like Pirate LeChuck.

(Check out AD&D to find out what a Golem is, but it basically is a Frankenstein monster made out of Flesh, Metal, or *ROCK*. So maybe The Evil Rock Golem Pirate LeChuck works even better...)

------------------

I'm not sure, but I think I've heard that LeChuck was called the Evil Dread Pirate LeChuck, back when he was alive (I think it was mentioned in MI3 or MI4), but I wouldn't quote me on that.

Bob Shrimp

(Hmm... The Evil Politically-Incorrect Prirate LeChuck?)

------------------

[This message has been edited by Bob Shrimp (edited November 26, 2000).]

Guest Rapp Scallion

In cmi he was not Evil Demon Pirate LeChuck, but Evil FIRE Demon Pirate LeChuck!

No fire only demon.

Evil Demon Pirate LeChuck

-Rapp Scallion-

Uh, you need better sources for your definitions than a D&D book. Golem is actually from Jewish folklore. It means an artificially created human given life through some supernatural means. Mainly, according to legend, they were clay and endowed with life by a word of power.

Originally posted by Bob Shrimp:

I still prefer The Evil Golem Pirate LeChuck to The Evil Rock-Like Pirate LeChuck.

(Check out AD&D to find out what a Golem is, but it basically is a Frankenstein monster made out of Flesh, Metal, or *ROCK*. So maybe The Evil Rock Golem Pirate LeChuck works even better...)

Archived