Home

end of game logic. Only read if you're finished with game!!!

During the Monkey Kombat training on Monkey Island you will notice that if the monkeys draw with Guybrush, he will sometime put his arms over his head and bow down as if he is bored. Now when Guybrush draws with Lechuck, Lechuck will try to act as if he is bored and try the same pose that Guybrush does with the monkeys. When Lechuck does that, Elaine sees her chance to escape and takes it. Her escape seems to trigger Lechuck back to his original senses. Either that, or you need a Melee Island governer to participate in Monkey Kombat with Ultimate Insults. After squashing Ozzie, Lechuck destroys the Ultimate Insult. It seems that you should'nt try to destroy the Ultimate Insult: without some sort of shield, without vodoo magic, or you just shouldn't smash it on yourself. Or else you will be blasted to smithereens. Since Lechuck is so powerful(or so incredibly evil, as the vodoo lady says in MI3), he is unable to be destroyed, and instead, blasted off the screen(you can see that during the explosion cutscene). I'm guessing that he will be lying in wait at where he lands until MI5. That's my guess.

Also, while I'm at it, by show of hands, who would like it if MI5 is in

VIRTUAL REALITY.

Opps, scratch that. I just realized: I can't see any of your hands. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Guybrush MarleyThreepwood (edited November 17, 2000).]

While we're on the topic of theroies, here's another one.

Lucasarts made one game without any bugs, and all the others were randomized with all sorts of bugs. And do know what happend to that one game? Do you know who has it? It belongs to George Lucas and his children!!!

It's all just ****.

-----------------------------

How do I get off this *&^%$#@! island!

-Guybrush Marley-Threepwood

Even cooler, a

Monkey Island T.V. series!!!

They could have Lechuck try to marry Elaine in the episode, and have Guybrush foil Lechuck rescue Elaine. Of course it would have to be "to be continued..." episodes. And of course, Lucasarts would have to awaken the world to Monkey Island. I barely know anybody at my school who know two cents about Monkey Island. But, if Lucasarts gets enough requests, who knows what would happen...

Come on T.V. series. *WOO!* *WOO!* *WOO!*

biggrin.gif

A TV series is highly unlikely...and seasons after seasons they will come up with idiotic storylines...and MI fans all around the world will curse and swear at LucasArts again.. smile.gif

Actually they should make a movie out of it man. Just rip the story off the first game and make it big screen...wonder who can be the characters in the movie...

That's exactly what I was thinking, a movie!!!

Mabey, they could reveal the secret of monkey island. Or, they could show how guybrush ended up in melee island in the first place. Perhaps, even how guybrush met Timmy the monkey. Whatever the movie would be about, it would have to be something that MI fans don't know, and want to know.

[This message has been edited by Guybrush MarleyThreepwood (edited November 18, 2000).]

Mabey even have Elaine divorce Guybrush and have Lechuck try to take advantage of the situation and finally marry Elaine (against her will, of course). Or perhaps even show Lechuck when he was alive.

Another theory: why do you think that Lechuck wants to marry Elain so much, even after she's been married? Perhaps, he loves her, or mabey there's a different reason? I mean, what kind of undead, zombie, demon pirate would try to kill Elaine, or destroy the wills of all pirates just to make her his bride. Perhaps, if he marrys her, Lechuck will have something done to him, something to do with Monkey Island. (Hey, I have no idea what, but I'll try to think of something)

one more thing:

A plot for MI5:

Lechuck takes over Guybrush's mind, and you have to control Elaine to save him.

Guest The Feral Chicken

Uhh...the Secret is revealed in EMI; If you go into the cutscene menu after the moneky head thing, it is called 'The REAL Secret of MOnkey Island'

------------------

Money isn't everyting, but it helps

Steve Chicken

chicken.gif

Guest The Feral Chicken

Uhh...the Secret is revealed in EMI; If you go into the cutscene menu after the moneky head thing, it is called 'The REAL Secret of MOnkey Island'

------------------

Money isn't everyting, but it helps

Steve Chicken

chicken.gif

Guest Guybrush112

Since my goal in life is to become a film director I've been thinking long and harde about MI movies. First i was thinking Mathew Perry as guybrush but that wouldn't work. Nor would jim carrey work. Definately NOT brad pitt. Maybe Dom Armato himself (give him a wig or paint his hair and put it in a pony tail) and for Elaine: Maybe Catherene Zeta Jones Capt. Smirk: A. Shwarzanegger LeChuck: comp. animated (Earl Boen as voice)

Carla: Whoopie Goldberg and anybody got any others?

------------------

"Mortal fool! Release me from this retched tomb! I will hide your keysin your upholstered furniture! And never more will you be able to find socks that match!"

Actually, I was thinking more of a 3-d cartoon(like toy story). It would probably be sponsered by Pixar. But that way you could have things happen that you couldn't with people representing characters. Then, it wouldn't be such a h***le to get stars.

------------------

How do I get off this #&$*@'n island?!!

-Guybrush Threepwood

With all due respect to your directorial skills, I'd like to see what Kevin Smith (of Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy and Dogma fame)would do with Monkey Island. cool.gif

Of course, Jay and Silent Bob would have to make a cameo.

------------------

Rage. What better time than now?

Well, I would have to agree with G-M-T, a computer animated version would be better than live-action. A plain cartoon would do well as well, just as long as Disney doesn't ge their grubby fingers on it. I think that if the DO make a movie of it they should start it with MI1, and if it is succesful, build from there. But, Dominic Armato would have to play Guybrush.

[This message has been edited by Blue_cheese (edited November 22, 2000).]

GMT (Greenwich Mean-Time smile.gif), you like having one sided conversations dont you?

& i think Monkey Island should stick to the PC, & as an adventure game...

if it goes to console, we will either get a platform game, mario-kart style racing or some tacky FPS...

if we get TV series, we get merchandise & MI will become another cash-cow... although Monkey Island action figures or just plain display models would be REAL nice (& i WOULD buy them)

------------------

Marco...

POLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLO!!!...

morello: HELL yeah lets get Mi out there MALLRATS style, im sure kevin smith could make it one of the funniest crossover attempts ever.

remember the short lived cartoon show clerks?

"that kid is BACK on the ESCALATOR!!!"

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

stop reaching for the stars, they are REALLY REALLY far away and made of FIRE!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a comic!!! http://mi.adventuregamer.com/features/comic/comic.shtml

check out the entire site. you might find something interesting

------------------

I know exactly what the real secret of monkey island is. I'll tell you.

The real secret of monkey island is... hold on, there's someone at my door. This will only take a second...

HOLY ****! It's Lucasarts! They know where I am!

I must tell you the secret before I am taken away!

The real secret of monkey island is... NOOOO!

AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

<User has been deleted>

Archived