Home

I'm sooo disappointed

Muad

Greetings,

I mean no, the game is great, just as i expected from this great serie. But .... i can't believe i already finished it !

Only 3 days ! (ok i play a lot) but that's inredible ! 1Lucasarts remember 1 & 2 ? how long they were ?

Oh geeze if it wouldn't be for the bug that made the game go really slow sometimes during monkey combats, i would have even done it in 2 days.

MO is the best game in the world, if you don't make one each year, at least make it last WAY MORE LONG !

Thanks

Muad

>So that's the secret of Monkey Island ?

>What secret ?

3 Days? *Cough* Hintbook *Cough*

Then again maybe you're exceptionally bright... I dunno, but if you *DID* use outside help, consider *THAT* the reason for the short play time...

As for MI1. Me and a friend beat it in a long 1 day/1 night session. Of course, I got MI while I was High School, while the rest of you prolly got into it much earlier. But at any rate, given enough effort *ANY* adventure game can be completed within 24hrs, it's just a matter of persistance...

Bob Shrimp

------------------

You: What is the Secret of Monkey Island?

Me: The secret is, is that there is no secret.

You: Huh? But what about Big Whoop, the Three-Headed Monkey, and/or The Big Honking Monkey Robot?

Me: Oh *THOSE*. Well you really can't call them secrets now, can you?

You: Huh?

Me: Well everyone knows about them now, don't they?

You: Well I guess...

Me: See, there you go. Since they're not secrets anymore, there is *NO* Secret of Monkey Island. So what has this taught you?

You: Never to spend, $39.99 on a computer game.

Me: Tsk, Tsk, BAD MONKEY!!! *Whack!* Besides, that was more or less a direct steal from an answer to the first Monkey Island game!

I agree *cough* hintbook *cough*

i cant' beleive they handed a hint book out with the game in the us.

------------------

"So, how di you get up there?"

"Through sheer force of will."

"Uh-huh."

"Oh, alright, it was some of those damn voodoo kids. They found me washed up on the beach and stuck me up here, all the time thinking they were SOOO funny..."

Murray, Guybrush Threepwood [\b]

There might be another reason why MI1 and MI2 feels longer (and bigger). The reason I felt that way is because I first finished MI1&2 on an Amiga without a harddisk (wich means swapping 4 disks on MI1 and 11 disks on MI2), and now as I have got a harddrive on my Amiga it takes a lot less time than it used to.

Although, Monkey 2 has a lot more actual puzzles than the other games (except maybe MI1), and it is a pretty huge game for it's time, so there is no excuse for LucasArts to produce such a short game, where most of the time is spent on running (more than CMI because of the interface) and talking. So there.

I loved the game, though... till the bitter end. But one small thing I didn't like is the wrecking of the Great Monkey Head (isn't that how the Island got it's name (Monkey Island)? What're they gonna call it now?

------------------

If only we had as much graphic adventure games as Star Wars Games!!

Archived