Home

Monkey Kombat

• 2 weeks later...

(((All right, I'm re-posting this info into the thread, as I want to add a few more comments....

This is how Monkey Kombat works--There are five possible stances in Monkey Kombat:

Anxious Ape

Bobbing Baboon

Charing Chimp

Drunken Monkey

Gimpy Gibbon

Similar to Rock-Scissors-Paper, certain stances always lose out to others. In Monkey Kombat, each stance can defeat two other stances, and in turn, can be defeated by two other stances.

The kombantants exchange stances in turns. You select your next stance by using specific Monkey Insults for the stances. For instance, to transition from Anxious Ape to Drunken Monkey, you would use a particular combination of Monkey yells, and you would use another combination to transition from Bobbing Baboon to Drunken Monkey. If you want to remain in the same stance, just repeat the same Monkey yell three times.

The good news is that the transition combination works both ways. That is to say, the combination to get you from Anxious Ape to Drunken Monkey can also get you from Drunken Monkey to Anxious Ape.

If, however, you use a combination not designated for the particular stance you are currently in, you will have committed a FOUL.

Using the same stance as your opponent results in a DRAW.

Each kombatant starts with a certain number of bananas. Each time a kombatant loses a stance, one or two bananas will be lost. When a kombatant has no more bananas, the fight is over.

There are four possible Monkey yells:

Ack

Chee

Eek

Oop

So, if you wanted to remain in Drunken Monkey, you should be able to use "Ack Ack Ack" or "Chee Chee Chee", and so on. This seems to be the only thing that doesn't get randomized for each new game.

Speaking of randomization--each time you start a new game, the transition combinations and defeating stances get randomized, so the combinations I figured out for my game probably won't work for your game.

Therefore, what you have to do is to figure out the combinations for yourself, by fighting with other monkeys that roam the forest.

It might be helpful to set up a chart for yourself, so you can easily reference what combination is for which transition, and which stances beat which other stances.

Personally, I used two tables like the ones below:

Anxious Ape

Bobbing Baboon

Charging Chimp

Drunken Monkey

Gimpy Gibbon

Anxious Ape

Bobbing Baboon

Charging Chimp

Drunken Monkey

Gimpy Gibbon

Loses To (1)

Loses To (2)

Anxious Ape

Bobbing Baboon

Charging Chimp

Drunken Monkey

Gimpy Gibbon

Fill in the blanks as you watch the monkeys you fight against you. Jojo will tell you one transition combination and one of the stances that can always win against a certain other. Once you have them all figured out, it becomes very easy.

Final notes:

You don't need to figure out all the moves to defeat Jojo, you just need to be able to defeat three monkeys (Guybrush will say that he thinks he's ready to take on Jojo Jr). After that, when you take on Jojo, no matter how badly you do, your banana level will never drop below one banana.

Three times is all you need for the final battle.)))

Every single word in the triple bracket i took from 1 of the guy in the forum.

i think he gave a great explantion..

anyway, to make it easier i think i give a brief explanation.

when u fight with the monkeys in the jungle...do keep ur eye on their move.it's alays form one move to the other.the name of the move is at the top left corner.copy the name for example : anxious ape. Then the word will change to another move like drunken monkey.copy down the sound also.ok?

press pause if u can't catch up with the screen.

Archived