Home

MI4= TEEN!?

Janitor Bob

they say hell like 5 times and crap once, maybe thats enuff, the box said like "animated violence, mild language and use of tobacco and alcohol, but that Horse pucky! i have played "E" games with more in them than MI4.

------------------

(¸.·'``'·.¸¸.·'`'·.¸¸.,.,.¸.·'´`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸)

«´¨`·.¸¸.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .¸¸.·´¨`»

(`'·.¸¸.·'´`'·.¸.·''´`'`'`'·.¸¸.·'´´`'·.¸¸.·'´´)

Wanted: one clever signature

Originally posted by CocoClown:

They do say 'Hell' a couple of times. I know, because I cringed whenever they said 'Heck'. The occasional 'Hell' was a blessed relief. I think Elaine says it in the cutscene where they're all going in to vote

I think see said something like Hellspawn...

------------------

LUA Bar... Whats a LUA?

timmya.gif

Yeah, they do use "heck" a lot.

But, the cook in the Scumm inn says "Da**" (I put the asterisks in) when he asks his boss if he can come with you on the voyage to Lucre Island. He says it under his breath, though, and it's hard to hear.

I don't think it's any more violent then your average sunday morning cartoon, though.

There are some other things they might have considered, like the references to Guybrush's honeymoon and stuff like that.

Anyway, it only means kids 13 and up. Anyone younger than that wouldn't get much out of the game anyway, right?

Yeesh, that was a mouthfull.

------------------

monkeyislandsig.gif

hell, i think i would have gotten more out of it if i were still like 8 years old, im too damned smart in my old(er) age biggrin.gif

------------------

Well the comment about the 2nd largest duck he's ever had in his pants, verges on inuendo.

Plus, there's the ever-so-popular comment Guybrush makes about his & Elaine's bedroom.

Plus ghosts, and all things dead-like are usually considered not children's material.

Bob Shrimp

Guest Guybrush112

It also says "Suggestive themes" the only thing suggestive that I can think of is the "Looking at my stuff" bit but that's it. And somebody tell me ONE time when somebody glorified the use of alcohol? I mean, Guybrush makes a comment on alcohol burning through his enternal organs THAT'LL make kids wanna drink! O and whenever they said, "Heck" I screamed out the word HELL, HELL, HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To muffle out the word.

------------------

"You may have seen me in your nightmares. I'm THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"

"Yipe."--Figurehead &

Guybrush

lets see:

the thing about another honeymoon is rather suggestive

as is the part where you can look at your inventory in the cane shop and fred(dy)says, "oh is that what their calling it these days, well hurry up, we wouldnt want any ladie folk seeing that."

when you look at their bedroom door and guybrush makes some snide comment

there are a couple times when gubrush refers to having something in his pants

your whole conversation with drunken Carla can be used to justify a teen rating on account of she is drunk smile.gif

they refer to wenches quite often, which the last time i looked it up was defined as a young women of loose morals if you catch my drift

i'm sure there are more but i cant think of them right now

I think that it probably deserves the teen rating, not that many people actually look at the rating when they buy or many stores that enforce it. At least not where i'm from.

------------------

Hey, it's timmy the monkey....how did he get here?

[This message has been edited by timmy the monkey (edited December 08, 2000).]

sure thats all in there, but its not enough to disserve a teen rating, the last teen rated game i had that involved language refered to specific parts of the body and used many common four letter words, MI4 has less offencive material for immpressionable youth than your average "TVG" television show

------------------

Erm... Is everyone forgetting that bit where the Ghost Priest mentions how LeChuck gutted him with a flaming sword and held up his still pulsating pancreas in front of him?

Besides, what the heck are you griping about? I mean, you are a quote/unquote, teen, are you not? You got the game, so shut up already!

Bob Shrimp

Guest Guybrush112

Even though that is in there no little kid is going to get it. When Guybrush says, "This is the second largest duck I ever had in my pants" the little guys are just going to laugh because they think that having a duck in your pocket is funny and that they think it is abrupt!

------------------

"You may have seen me in your nightmares. I'm THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!"

"Yipe."--Figurehead &

Guybrush

Has anyone actually thought it might be the DAMN PUZZLES! not every five year old is capable of playing a game like monkey island. In fact 11+ is about right, kids can think a little at that age and the attention span is a bit longer.

DUH!

------------------

"I Trust You About As Far As I Can Throw Manhattan!"

every time you check your inventory in front of someone you get a suggestive remark i.e. "i'm not sure what you're doing, sir, but i'm sure it's against company policy", and such.

If you haven't tried to pick up the big hand in the voodoo lady's house, there is a very suggestive comment made. Although I laughed my @$$ off, I wouldn't want my little sister to see it. (If you are older than "TEEN" try it- I won't spoil it for you.

Archived