Home

dose it make a difference if its on floppies or.............

timmy_da_monkey

well i found a place to buy monkey 1 and 2 but it not on floppies its on those old big disks there where before there where floppies but fortuntly i have a drive for those so i will convert them to floppies but becuase its the origional dose that mean the sound and graphics and every thing are the some or dosnt it matter?

Are you talking about buying 5 1/4 floppies with monkey and copying it to 3 1/2?

If your talking about that you must be buying at a museum, aren't you?

Hell, I haven't seen those for a really long time.

You won't have any problem, since you have your original copy. The copy proteccion used in monkey I is not "in" the floppies, is in some kind of weel that comes with the game. You'll be asked about a date when you start the game. Using the weel you seek the date and introduce it. Then you will be able to play.

So there is no problem in buying those floppies and making a backup in 3 1/2.

------------------

I finished them all.

Damn, I forgot the point of the question.

Sorry.

No, there is no problem with sound, since that is coded in the program it will be the same. But the graphics....that's another thing.

There are 2 versions of Monkey I. The first one was in 320x200 with 16 colours. Then appeared a second one in 320x200 with 256 colours for VGA. Since it is in 5 1/5 it might be the one with 16 colours. But I don't know for sure.

------------------

I finished them all.

Archived