Home

I don't really get this stuff about Herman...

storken

In Monkey Island 1 you can read the diary on Guybrush ship about Herman and his pal sailing to Monkey Island. In the book Herman is called Herman, but in EMI Herman tells you that his name isn't Herman and that he is Elaine's grandpha. And he also sais that he got to Monkey Island in an whirlpool at the other side of the world. Was his shipmate with him then and didn't they came to MI with the magical voodoo-soup?

And about his ship.

First he has a ship and uses it to get to monkey island. Then he sends it back with a crew of monkeys. Then Guybrush buys it, and goes to MI. Guybrush sanks it with a big rock. But Herman still has a ship witch Guybrush uses to get to Mêlee. And in EMI Guybrush askes Herman where he parked his ship.....does he has a third ship???

Well I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Maybe when guybrush was throwing rocks at hermans head, he wasnt actually helping herman to retreive his memory, but was only screwing it up more... at least its better than herman actually being HT marley. but why else would herman know about ht marley unless he was him....? Maybe the real HT marley (assuming herman isnt him), landed on monkey island, and the cannibals ate him, so herman just decided to take his identity.

oh well., that doesnt make any sense, even to me. i'll stop rambling for now.

------------------

"Gratuitus acts of sensless violence are MY forte!"

-Max

Guest The Feral Chicken

Originally posted by storken:

in EMI Guybrush askes Herman where he parked his ship.....does he has a third ship???

No...it's the same one he had in MI1 which you get back to Melee on...

------------------

That's the second chicken I've ever seen! What with me being a pirate and all. I don't see many chickens in my line of work.

What? Stop looking at me like that!

f_md_wht.gife_md_wht.gifr_md_wht.gifa_md_wht.gifl_md_wht.gif

Archived