Home

Heck?

Jon1587246348

I just got EMI and have played up to Jambalaya Island, and just realized a strange thing that frequently appears in the dialog of the game. WHY DO THEY KEEP SAYING HECK!?! Is it to get a better ESRB rating? The game is rated Teen, so I don't know if they can say h3ll or not. I know I sound really whiny, the game as a whole is great, but this heck thing is bothering me. Elaine talks about demons from Heck, Murray rambles on about the gates of Heck (I think), and other characters do the same thing. I know they said h3ll in CMI, so why not in EMI? Oh well, it's just a minor annoyance, the rest of the game is excellent (besides Stan's new "Jim Carrey" voice).

----------------

I intend to live forever...so far, so good.

For comedic effect "heck" is just so much- okay maybe it's not but I liked hearing murray speak of "an infernal blast of demonic heckfire" and such just sounded sooo much more sinister in a werid way, you know like how you can use censorship to lull people into a happy stupor while you go ahead with your evil schemes unabaited, soon you can operate out in the open and no one will suspect a thing, for how can they they know of nothing more sinister than flowers and daisy chains. SURE this is silly hypothetical piece of crud scenario,full poor logic however it is the reason for free speech, worse things than this can happen and have in its abscence.

aggree with bearded monkey

------------------

"Don't look at me, i just do what the voices in my head tell me to"

\/ R-Lt.JPG -Lieutenant on elite force board

/\ T-LtCdr.JPG -three headed monkey on escape from monkey island board

R-capt.JPG -Captain of the timeship U.S.S. Mad Monkey NCC-51241

R-Lt.JPG - Lieutenant on the HYL board

signature10.gif

Archived