Home

was anyone disappointed about anything

storken

As I stated in other posts, is not that I don't like the new characters, but I rather prefer the ones in miI and miII. Those created by I think it was Steve Purcell?

About the 3D stuff. I loved the way it's been done as I loved the way Grim Fandango was done.

------------------

I finished them all.

My only complaint is the drastic story loopholes presented in EMI--the Herman Toothrot/H.T. Marley explanation, the lackluster presentation of Melee Island, etc.

I actually enjoyed the 3D better than the 2D in CMI! smile.gif

------------------

Signatures are overrated.

I really don't care about whether it was 3d instead of 2d, or how the interface worked, the keyboard instead of mouse, or any other new changes. My main problem with EMI was the humor. Monkey Island games are based around humor and that should be the game's main concern. Now I know there were a lot of jokes, but many of those failed. The story and dialogue were amusing, but rarely funny. If the jokes could have been better EMI would have been a very good game. The environments were well thought out, the characters were all very unique (although not as good as past games) and the voice acting was excellent. The story, although it had a plot twist or two, had too many holes to be interesting. Technically (except for the numerous bugs), the game was very good. However, a MI game cannot be considered good on mechanincs alone: it needs witty, not loads of physical humor. Even the multiple attempts at physical humor were quasi-failures. Still, it isn't really a horribly bad game, just a disappointment.

I think Ron Gilbert created the characters in SMI and LCR, but I may be wrong. I know Steve Purcell was involved in background art and animation, I'm not sure he created the characters.

------------------

Oh there's a monkey in my pocket/And he's stealing all my change/His stare is blank and glassy/I suspect that he's deranged.

Archived